PDA

View Full Version : Reballs - OUCH or eh?

Smoothice
08-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Guess there is a reball center opening up in my area.

http://www.tombstonereballcenter.com/fields.html

Anyone ever been shot by a reball?

Compared to a paintball how is it?

Mainly curious because I need to determine how bad I should feel after over shooting somebody with the xmag
http://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gifhttp://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/machinegun.gif

going_home
08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Guess there is a reball center opening up in my area.

http://www.tombstonereballcenter.com/fields.html

Anyone ever been shot by a reball?

Compared to a paintball how is it?

Mainly curious because I need to determine how bad I should feel after over shooting somebody with the xmag
http://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gifhttp://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/machinegun.gif

WOW !
That urban office setup looks like it would be a blast !

:bounce:

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:49 PM
i have some LOL reballs so ill speak on this matter for you ..usually they make turn your fps down to like 240 . they have small fields most of the time.... as to hurting its solid rubber so what u think ? lol i pgped ( a gun) my kids mom because she was a jerk to me and at 256 fps pointblank range she had a 7 in circular bruise for 4 weeks :spit_take that should teach her..... Mess with the best die like the rest :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
second point a friend of mine was knowked out at ion at skirmish from a kid shooting on OUR team 30 or so feet behind i guess we never found the kid but it dropped TANK with is 280 lbs ? 6 ft hes a big dude and he was out cold so yea they can hurt :tard:

Smoothice
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM
i have some :rofl: reballs so ill speak up. Usually they turn your fps down to like 240 . They have small fields and its solid rubber. So what do you think? :rofl: I pegged my kids mom cause she was a jerk and at 256 fps pointblank she had a 7 in circle bruise for 4 weeks :spit_take Teach her to mess with the best. Cause you will die like the rest :cheers:

Second point. A friend of mine was knocked out at Ion at skirmish from a kid shooting on OUR team. He was 30 or so feet behind. I guess we never found the kid but it dropped TANK who is 280 lbs, 6 ft tall. He's a big dude and he was out cold. So yeah they can hurt :tard:

I tried to correct your post. Hopefully it is at least readable now. :p

Yeah the fps needs to be 220fps.

Thats about the only part of your post I could understand :D

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:53 PM
reread it
sorry ADHD

teufelhunden
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
i have some LOL reballs so ill speak on this matter for you ..usually they make turn your fps down to like 240 . they have small fields most of the time.... as to hurting its solid rubber so what u think ? lol i pgped ( a gun) my kids mom because she was a jerk to me and at 256 fps pointblank range she had a 7 in circular bruise for 4 weeks :spit_take that should teach her..... Mess with the best die like the rest :cheers:

uh that sounds something like a felony, ya know, assault/battery/etc....

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:55 PM
not really :rolleyes: i warned her :nono: and she wanted to feel the pain of being hit once soooooo

Smoothice
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Anyone been shot at or around 220 fps at normal playing range?

Could these bust a mask?

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
bah i say !

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 07:00 PM
not to my knowlage... you can try at shooting one at a crappy mask tuned to 300 fps if your worried about it if youd like to test it (WEAR PROTECTION OF COURSE)

phizz
08-28-2008, 07:32 PM
they hurt about the same perhaps even less I think. Usually you turn your marker down to aroudn 250 fps or as stated by another 240.

tech-chan
08-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Been shot several times. Its like getting hit by someone throwing a baseball at you. Only smaller.

Smoothice
08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Been shot several times. Its like getting hit by someone throwing a baseball at you. Only smaller.

That doesn't sound fun. And as a high school first baseman I speak from experience.

tech-chan
08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, not quite that painful, but pretty close. It was the only thing I could think of to compare it to.

jade_monkey07
08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
It hurts a good deal. thats how i got into paintball was at Delerium! tiny little basement type place with black lights, horrid guns, and glowing reballs flying everywhere. It was heaven :cry:

They had 3 levels of play, beginner 190 fps intermediate 220fps and pro was 240fps

jade_monkey07
08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
id rather be shot with a paintball anyday. a reball at 220 fps is like an unbroken paintball closerange at 280

AirAssault
08-28-2008, 08:26 PM
They shouldn't use reballs but the foam practice balls, there is a huge diff.

NU_METAL
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
They shouldn't use reballs but the foam practice balls, there is a huge diff.

absolutely agree
i dont have a problem w/ pain ( ask anyone who plays P/ball or spars w/ me)
this urban facility looks very awesome and its my kinda deal but,.........
this is my only concern
what do they think is going to happen when players are STEPPING / SLIPPING on the re-balls
all over the ground
now i dont know how anyone else plays ,but im not consantly going to be able to look @ the ground to watch where i walk and clear a building @ the same time :wow:

i would say they would almost have to use the foam ones and again before i get flamed
this is just my experience and honest opinion

Hook
08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
It hurts a good deal. thats how i got into paintball was at Delerium! tiny little basement type place with black lights, horrid guns, and glowing reballs flying everywhere. It was heaven :cry:

They had 3 levels of play, beginner 190 fps intermediate 220fps and pro was 240fps

Hey, that's where I started playing too! Yup, Delerium on Montreal rd. in Vanier, right?
Heh, the refs were dressed up as Darth Vader :headbang:

What kind of markers were they using again?

LOL, I used to play there back in the late 90's... Man I feel old :(

jade_monkey07
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Lol yup thats the one! i played there from 96-99 once or twice a year. and i dont remember the name of the guns. i just remember that the co2 tank was horizontal under the barrel and they broke all the time lmao!

Hey, that's where I started playing too! Yup, Delerium on Montreal rd. in Vanier, right?
Heh, the refs were dressed up as Darth Vader :headbang:

What kind of markers were they using again?

LOL, I used to play there back in the late 90's... Man I feel old :(

Hook
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Heh, I played there between 1995 & 1997. Met the staff in a Gatineau bar, of all places :p

Then my daughter was born in '97 and it was the end of tagball/painball for me for almost a decade o_O

B-Pow
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
hurts about the same as taking a bounce from someone shooting crappy paint.

Did start to tear up once while playing reball. Kept getting shot in the same spot for 4 games in a row, right above the goggles, on the hairline (hurts a bit normally...now get hit there repeaditly).

To be honest I've taken more painful shots with paint then I have with reballs. It's all just a gamble on where you're gunna get hit and how hard....no matter if it's a reball or paint.

Old School 626
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Neek,

Just call me and we'll go to SC.

Ninjeff
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Lol yup thats the one! i played there from 96-99 once or twice a year. and i dont remember the name of the guns. i just remember that the co2 tank was horizontal under the barrel and they broke all the time lmao!

sounds like vm-68s