PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Charging?

-Z3R0-
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
So I just got a nice E-Mag from TwilightG here on the forums, so naturally the first thing I did was rip apart the box and put it all back together. When I first turned it on there was a low battery message... I thought to myself, that's fine I'll just charge it later. So I continued on with it off just fooling around, trying to figure out which of my ASA's I could use on it (turns out I need to use this horrible drop forward I had lying around until I can find some shorter ASA screws) for a few hours. Eventually, I decided I should probably charge up the battery. I left the battery pack on the charger for about 4 hours while I went and had dinner, then built a cabinet in the basement, talked to a friend on the phone, whatever. When I cam back up, the charger was showing a green light. So I reconnected the battery pack to the E-Mag and it powered up fine... but instantly gave me a "Lo Batt". Should I leave the battery charging overnight? Should I try to run it dry before charging it again?

Chris Nearchos
08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
can you get ahold of a multimeter? test your battery and post your readings. also do the same with the charger.

also, what software and version is on your emag?

-Chris

-Z3R0-
09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know where I'd be able to get my hands on a multimeter...

It's running AGD 3.2.

Chris Nearchos
09-01-2008, 07:14 PM
try your local hardware store for one on the cheaper side (which will sufice for what you need it for).

or of course you could get one online.

and i had asked about the software because there is a one problem know to cause that message with Xmod.....but your running AGD software. so thats not the problem.

so it looks like its either a half dead battery or a half dead charger off hand from what your saying so far.

-Chris