PDA

View Full Version : Barrel predicament

13ored
08-29-2008, 09:32 PM
So I got a like-new barrel for my mag a cheap, but good J&J Ceramic BUT to my mistake the thing was gun metal instead of black. Also it's the older version in which the barrel porting is this "s" shape instead of a straight line so it looks weird to me, but that's not a big deal. the main prob is the color. Is there any way to make it look like it was manufactured as the color black or do I have to sell this to someone and buy a black one? :tard:

Ruler_Mark
08-29-2008, 09:41 PM
sell and buy, unless you get it re-annod where it would lose its teflon coating. I theink the grey one is cermic anyway which is unanno able.

13ored
08-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Alright thanks I figured that it would come to that. I'll try local first and then I may repost the sale for this if I can't find anyone with another mag.

MANN
08-29-2008, 09:57 PM
sell and buy, unless you get it re-annod where it would lose its teflon coating. I theink the grey one is cermic anyway which is unanno able.

ceramic refers to the barrel coating not the barrel. It is still aluminum.

when you oxidize aluminum it is considered to have a "ceramic" coating. This coating allows for more wear (which is not necessarily necessary in paintball use)

You can strip and anno your barrel if you would like. It would be cheaper to purchase another.

I thought you were an engineering student mark? :confused: Didnt you stay awake during material sciences. :rofl: