PDA

View Full Version : P90x

oneworld
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Well..a few people i know had some decent results with this. Just wondering if any of you have tried it. (its a home workout system for those of you who dont know.) I used to go to the gym every morning..but with my schedule changing there is no way..basically ill have to work out at like 2am now. and no gym is open that late around here..Now i did see pretty good results from just working out. and i hear this is even harder and will build muscle even faster..the only thing is its like $120.00. and i still have to buy the exercise equipment.. but thats cheaper then 4 months at the gym. Anyone try this yet?

beam
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I did P90. Cause I'm old and haven't worked out regularly since high school.

I did about 59 days of it and went from 239 to 203. P90x is for more advanced and if you're suicidal go for P90x+

There is no gimmick for getting in shape. Diet + exercise = results. It's why people on The Biggest Loser always lose weight.

So, whether you get P90x or not isn't going to decide your fitness. You'll still have to have a sensible diet and be faithful to actually do the work outs.

I'm hoping to get back on the wagon...any day now. Because I've gained back to about 215.

It's kind of a bummer because I was a total jock in high school and married my high school sweetheart who was only a cheerleader. Now she is training to run her first marathon in Oct and puts in 8-11 miles on a weekday and 17-19 on saturdays and here I am...mr. doughboy.

Ah...depressing.

Warwitch
09-02-2008, 11:47 AM
My wife bought these before the wedding and I must say I was pretty impressed. At first I was like "great, jazzercise tapes" :rolleyes: But after watching a few of them I was really impressed with the exercises and workouts. I use them on a regular basis when I dont feel like doing a heavy lift. Money well spent IMO.