PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Canadian Ballers - Cross canada roadtrip!!!

jade_monkey07
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
There comes a time in every young monkeys life when he desires something more then what the primitive primate's family group can provide, I think that MY time has come. I plan to leave and find my own way in the crazy Jungle we call Canada. As such i will be moving from where i currently reside in Ottawa, Ontario to a wonderfull little place called Cowtown(calgary). I will be doing it in Grand style via my Beat up old ride, Some cash and nothing but me and the open road :p

Hi everyone, My name is Mike "Hi, Mike" I have a problem....I uuh...I'm addicted to paintball. :shooting: If i go without playing for more then a week or 2 i end up spending the money on something else...like more markers...and things i really dont need.... "Its a disease i tells ya :ninja: "

This is where the callout comes into play. As much as I love driving, id much rather play my favorite game. What im looking for is for people to take a peek at the route im taking and if you happen to fall into my general direction of travel and want to play some ball, let me know! I'm down for ANY kind of ball, speedball, woods W/E as long as i get to shoot things...lol Ill look at where you are, what days ill be most likely passing through. I dont want this trip to be just a point A to point B thing. I want to meet some people along the way, Have some fun, make some new friends, maybe even drink a few beers.

I'm basically going to be taking the transCanada all the way except to stop and visit some friends and play ball. I plan on leaving ottawa sometime around september 20th. As for the length of the trip? who knows. depends on how much i find to do while im on the road.

Heres the Google maps link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=ottawa&daddr=calgary&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&dirflg=t&sll=46.32627,-94.776575&sspn=30.005207,56.162109&ie=UTF8&ll=48.166085,-94.833984&spn=29.019797,56.162109&z=4

OH and no i will not be posting this on Pbnation...id rather meet Mature, honest, and fun ballers. If you cheat on a regular basis, please feel free to click back and forget that you ever read this thread.If you can think of any other GOOD forums to post this on, im all ears..or eyes?

Questions, comments. Pictures of your hot sisters...please feel free to post up...lmao

EDIT: Looks like my last day of play in OTTAWA will be Sunday september 21st. We will be heading out to Paintstorm perkins. If any ottawa ballers want to come out send me a pm and ill give you more details

Sumthinwicked
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
post on specops and mcarterbrown gl to bad im in the us in ct im close compared to that LOL

jade_monkey07
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
post on specops and mcarterbrown gl to bad im in the us in ct im close compared to that LOL

lol my origonal plan was to go through the states earlier in the year and hit some of the big games along the way but life happened and things had to be pushed back. Its already been posted on Mcb ill hit up specops. Thanks!

Beemer
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Outstanding. Remember no matter what happens it will all be FUN. :cheers:

edit.........Animal House, ROAD TRIP

Sudz
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Me and my buddy are here in Ottawa right now for school. We brought our gear with us so if you wanna start it off here let me know! We don't have a vehicle is our only issue, but I don't get many opportunities to play while I'm here so this has me very interested!

jade_monkey07
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Ill make sure that I send out some messages as to when my last day of play will be here in town. its most likely going to be the 21st, and also maybe this sunday the 7th

Outstanding. Remember no matter what happens it will all be FUN. :cheers:

edit.........Animal House, ROAD TRIP

Thanks beemer, its going to be a blast. I love road trips :D :dance:

RangerX
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Sry I've been drinking as ive been forced to be sober for 2 weeks and apologize if this makes no sense.

ut theres a few fields around E-town that are good, depending on what your looking for

kevdupuis
09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
When the wife and I did that trip at the end of june we crossed at Sault Ste Marie and took hwy 2 across to Shelby Montana where we turned north to go to Calgary. Coming back we took the Yellowhead route to Portage la Prairie then stayed on the trans Canada to Sudbury and then other routes til we got back to belleville.
It was alot of driving but what a trip, so enjoy yourself and don't over do it on the road.http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/kevdupuis/Racing.gif

Kev

jade_monkey07
09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Sry I've been drinking as ive been forced to be sober for 2 weeks and apologize if this makes no sense.

ut theres a few fields around E-town that are good, depending on what your looking for
Lol I'v heard some good things lately about the paintball in the area. and since im staying just north of calgary in airdrie, Etown and rocky mountain house arent that far for me to drive.

When the wife and I did that trip at the end of june we crossed at Sault Ste Marie and took hwy 2 across to Shelby Montana where we turned north to go to Calgary. Coming back we took the Yellowhead route to Portage la Prairie then stayed on the trans Canada to Sudbury and then other routes til we got back to belleville.
It was alot of driving but what a trip, so enjoy yourself and don't over do it on the road.http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/kevdupuis/Racing.gif

Kev

Thanks Kev. I plan on stopping often, tossin up a tent for the night. or crashing on peoples couches if they let me :p I'v done some long trips before, 24 hours to oklahoma then 28 on the way back, didnt sleep for either of those. but we had spare drivers then :p. I'm going to take my time for sure. no need to be in the news unless its winning the lottery!

Sudz
09-03-2008, 12:17 AM
just a thought. Post this over on SCP forums. Not sure if there are any pumpers in our area but thier always a good crowd, nice people and are always up for some ball!

Sundown
09-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Nice man :)
I was thinking about doing something like that in the summer.. it's a great idea.. I'm sure your going to have a blast :)

I would let you know about a fields I play in.. but I am like 10 minutes from Ottawa :) haha So not very far away on the road trip :)

But if you plan on playing somewhere in Ottawa, let us know.. we seem to be a couple of guys(girls maybe) willing to play around here.

P.S. Do you think you will be back from the October 12 AO meeting?

Temo Vryce
09-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Well I live here in Ottawa as well. So I can't really hook up with you on your trip, but I know that my Home Field, SMT Paintball (http://www.smtpaintball.com/Walk_Ons/Walk_Ons_Outdoor.htm) , is hosting a walk-on day Sept. 13 just outside of Smiths Falls. It's about an hour outside of Ottawa. I'm going to in the area already for a Lan Party, but I'm planing on attending the walk-on if you're interested.

Hook
09-03-2008, 08:34 AM
As such i will be moving from where i currently reside in Ottawa, Ontario to a wonderfull little place called Cowtown(calgary). I will be doing it in Grand style via my Beat up old ride, Some cash and nothing but me and the open road :p

Aw man, I'm happy for ya, but also sad that I won't have the opportunity to see you (and the G mag) before you go :(

Will you come back to O-town for the Xmas holidays? We could gather a bunch of AO members and hit it up at PSI.

Have a great roadtrip and be sure to put plenty pics in your Facebook profile! ;)

phizz
09-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah for Cow town!!! I lived there for 16 years and where I first began paintballing. My dad used to own Westend Autowreckers there and let me tell you you get into some close quarters with so many places to hide. Thank god that was back in the late 80's with only PGP's. Too bad we had to move to Kelowna BC.

Anyways good luck with your trip there are a few good places for paintball there. If you head farther west look me up.

jade_monkey07
09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Nice man :)
I was thinking about doing something like that in the summer.. it's a great idea.. I'm sure your going to have a blast :)

I would let you know about a fields I play in.. but I am like 10 minutes from Ottawa :) haha So not very far away on the road trip :)

But if you plan on playing somewhere in Ottawa, let us know.. we seem to be a couple of guys(girls maybe) willing to play around here.

P.S. Do you think you will be back from the October 12 AO meeting?

Sadly i wont be able to make it to the ao meeting on the 12th. ill be staying in calgary for a long while;) It looks like my last day of play here will be sunday sep 21st, and were going to be playing at paintstorm perkins field. If you plan on coming just let me know and i can give you info on how to get there.

Well I live here in Ottawa as well. So I can't really hook up with you on your trip, but I know that my Home Field, SMT Paintball (http://www.smtpaintball.com/Walk_Ons/Walk_Ons_Outdoor.htm) , is hosting a walk-on day Sept. 13 just outside of Smiths Falls. It's about an hour outside of Ottawa. I'm going to in the area already for a Lan Party, but I'm planing on attending the walk-on if you're interested.

See above

Aw man, I'm happy for ya, but also sad that I won't have the opportunity to see you (and the G mag) before you go :(

Will you come back to O-town for the Xmas holidays? We could gather a bunch of AO members and hit it up at PSI.

Have a great roadtrip and be sure to put plenty pics in your Facebook profile! ;)
Thanks kelly, I wont be back for xmas, the next time ill be in town might not be till next year around this time.
If you want to play see first reply in this post

Yeah for Cow town!!! I lived there for 16 years and where I first began paintballing. My dad used to own Westend Autowreckers there and let me tell you you get into some close quarters with so many places to hide. Thank god that was back in the late 80's with only PGP's. Too bad we had to move to Kelowna BC.

Anyways good luck with your trip there are a few good places for paintball there. If you head farther west look me up.
Darn, i was just in kilowna august 12-17 and i didnt end up playing while i was there. had all my gear...

Sundown
09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Sadly i wont be able to make it to the ao meeting on the 12th. ill be staying in calgary for a long while;) It looks like my last day of play here will be sunday sep 21st, and were going to be playing at paintstorm perkins field. If you plan on coming just let me know and i can give you info on how to get there.

So this is a one way road trip ;) I thought you meant a go and come back road trip :)

Oh well then I will need to go to paintstorms field on Sept 21. I have heard stories about your marker :) haha

I will try and be there. Maybe Kelly could come along ;)

So I might see you there.. I'll keep you posted.

thanks

Hook
09-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Sept 21, huh? I do believe I could go!

jade_monkey07
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Thats good to hear guys. As long as the weather is nice i promise it will be a blast :D

Sundown
09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Ill make sure that I send out some messages as to when my last day of play will be here in town. its most likely going to be the 21st, and also maybe this sunday the 7th

You said you might play this weekend. Are you aiming at Tactiks night game this saturday? It's from around 5h to 11h.

I know Kelly and I will be attending if all goes well.

jade_monkey07
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM
You said you might play this weekend. Are you aiming at Tactiks night game this saturday? It's from around 5h to 11h.

I know Kelly and I will be attending if all goes well.

I havnt been checking up on tactik enough, id love to go out and get a game in there before i go. I havnt seen it since just before steve put the plane in. I'll ask around and see if i can scrounge up someone else to join me.

phizz
09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Darn, i was just in kilowna august 12-17 and i didnt end up playing while i was there. had all my gear...

Too bad! I was taking pictures for a local speedball tournament. I think there were 20 teams all together.

Sundown
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
I havnt been checking up on tactik enough, id love to go out and get a game in there before i go. I havnt seen it since just before steve put the plane in. I'll ask around and see if i can scrounge up someone else to join me.

So you have not seen the new village :) pretty awesome.. its worth the trip :) haha
It's been under constuction all summer and it was only open for the big game on august 16. It will be open for this saturdays event (night game) and after that I am not sure if it will be open for good or back to a construction zone :)

But it's pretty awesome.. alot of $$$ put into it.

jade_monkey07
09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
So you have not seen the new village :) pretty awesome.. its worth the trip :) haha
It's been under constuction all summer and it was only open for the big game on august 16. It will be open for this saturdays event (night game) and after that I am not sure if it will be open for good or back to a construction zone :)

But it's pretty awesome.. alot of $$$ put into it.

Good to see steve is making changes. it was already a nice field. Have we met before Sundown? if you played there before we might have, i helped organize and run operation market garden and operation medusa last year at tactik.

Sundown
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Good to see steve is making changes. it was already a nice field. Have we met before Sundown? if you played there before we might have, i helped organize and run operation market garden and operation medusa last year at tactik.

Last year I played on average 2-3 times a week at tactiks, including the Wednesday league night. But, unfortunately, I could not attend any of the big events.. kinda Ironic and all the refs and Steve were wondering where my partner and I were :)

I don't think we have met officially, but we might have seen each other at tactiks if you played on the weekends or the league night.

jade_monkey07
09-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Last year I played on average 2-3 times a week at tactiks, including the Wednesday league night. But, unfortunately, I could not attend any of the big events.. kinda Ironic and all the refs and Steve were wondering where my partner and I were :)

I don't think we have met officially, but we might have seen each other at tactiks if you played on the weekends or the league night.

Well i just got an email from steve and he was saying that he was looking to cancel the game because the village isnt finished. But hes going through with the game. only with a smaller group then origonally planned.

Sundown
09-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Well i just got an email from steve and he was saying that he was looking to cancel the game because the village isnt finished. But hes going through with the game. only with a smaller group then origonally planned.

That must be why he did not announce the night game that much. I just wonder if we will be playing in the village during that game or not.
I'll call Steve when I get a chance and see if we are playing with the village.. because if not... it's not as tempting ;)

RKL
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Wife, dog, and I did a similar route back in 2004 when we ordered to report by my Mom to Vermillion for Thanksgiving. We hit Medicine Hat and Okotoks first to see friend before seeing my clan. After living in England for three years, it sure reminded us how big the country is.

BTW, did you know that Canadians invented Thanksgiving? We celebrate it earlier in the year so we must have invented it ;)

Our first day's travel was to Wawa. Stayed at the Northern Lights Motel. If you stay there and the cook hasn't changed, I would recommend the "Northern Light Perogies". Think Perogies with Mexican Fixings on top (Taco beef, tomatoes, etc). So good, wife asked for and got the recipe.

As Kev said, don't push the distances and pay attention to your gas gauge. It is lonely in Northern Ontario and your cell phone may not be in range.

Good luck in Wild Rose Country.

Cheers

Bob
CanCon

Hook
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey Mike,

Due to the bad weather, Sundown and I didn't manage to make it to the game tonight. Besides, I busted up my big toe yesterday, (stupid accident, man am I ever a klutz) so I wouldn't have been able to play anyway. So that means I'll be at Perkins on the 21st.

Did you go to the night game? If so, how was it?

jade_monkey07
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
yeah we went, there wasnt many people there but we still had fun, steve even played a little with us:) i like the new village it was a blast to play all night with glowsticks:) And on that note I LOVE MY GMAG!!!!!

Hey Mike,

Due to the bad weather, Sundown and I didn't manage to make it to the game tonight. Besides, I busted up my big toe yesterday, (stupid accident, man am I ever a klutz) so I wouldn't have been able to play anyway. So that means I'll be at Perkins on the 21st.

Did you go to the night game? If so, how was it?

Sundown
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
yeah we went, there wasnt many people there but we still had fun, steve even played a little with us:) i like the new village it was a blast to play all night with glowsticks:) And on that note I LOVE MY GMAG!!!!!

Ah bummer, I was certain nobody would have went to the field for the game...
How many people were there?

jade_monkey07
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM
there was only about 6 people there but then the refs and everyone that works there jumped in and played all night so we had about 12 people. a good nu mber for the village

Ah bummer, I was certain nobody would have went to the field for the game...
How many people were there?

drewkroeker
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't know when exactly you'd be rolling through Winnipeg but you could probably crash at my place if you need somewhere to sleep. If it's a weekday that you come through here I might be working and I couldn't say if there's going to be any paintball going on. Send me a PM, always good to meet another person who appreciates the awesomeness of the automag.

Drew

EDIT: You do appreciate the awesomeness of the automag, right? 'Cause if you don't then we can't be friends lol

jade_monkey07
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
If you were to tell me one thing to see while in winnipeg what would it be?

Digler45
09-10-2008, 10:14 PM
you're not coming out far enough for me. maybe someday you will make it to the west coast.

PS: cheaper through the states, and faster...no speed limit in most of Montana.

jade_monkey07
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
you're not coming out far enough for me. maybe someday you will make it to the west coast.

PS: cheaper through the states, and faster...no speed limit in most of Montana.

i know it is, but i have alot of stuff and i dont want to deal with the border :p

jade_monkey07
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Update: So as of right now i have my final game here in ottawa on the 21st at paintstorm perkins. Message me if you want details.

I have convinced one of my friends to take the trip with me so i wont be traveling alone anymore.

We have found stops in pembroke, thunderbay, and winnipeg, edmonton. then depending on how much money we have we might extend the trip into BC a little bit.

Thanks for all the Well wishes everyone. I'm super excited to go but at the same time I will miss shooting all of you :(

Hook
09-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Great then! I'll be there with Sundown and a few others!

Sundown
09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes I will be there and I'll try and invite a couple of friends over.. and have a fun time :)

jade_monkey07
09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Well guys today is my last day in Ottawa. The going away party, and paintball this past sunday was a blast. :cheers: Im glad that so many could show up, and I had the pleasure of shooting most of you :D My schedule so far is to be in north bay for this weekend, 27 and 28th. then we will be fishing at a cottage for part of the week then off to winnipeg hopefully for the weekend to play some paintball with Drew.

I will update with stories and new plans as time goes. :headbang:

Sundown
09-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Have a good road trip Mike and we will be awaiting all your stories :)

P.S. if by any chance you forget one of your Gmags here.. I can take care of it :) haha

jade_monkey07
09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Have a good road trip Mike and we will be awaiting all your stories :)

P.S. if by any chance you forget one of your Gmags here.. I can take care of it :) haha

haha thanks sundown, ill make sure it falls out of my bag near your place :rolleyes:

Hook
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey Mike,

it was an honour getting shot by you and your buddies this past weekend! Drive safe, have fun and keep us posted!

And NO THANKS TO YOU, I am now in the process of having a pneu conversion done on my mag :p

Cheers buddy :cheers:

jade_monkey07
10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Update!
Hey, it has been just over 2 weeks that My friend Matt and I have been on the road, many memories and lots new friends. The trip has been a blast so far. We made many stops in ontario including pembroke to visit a friend. North bay to see my neighbor at nippissin U and party! we also tried to play paintball in northbay with my cousin but the one shop in town that supplies HPA was closed when they were supposed to be open so we never got that to happen. our next stop was 1 hour west in Kipling. its a small farming, and cottage area. we spent 4 days there relaxing in the sauna, hunting, fishing, drinking and eating lol our host then brought us to his house in sudbury to meet his family, and have an amazing steak and shimp dinner. We then hit the road again for the long drive around north lake superior. we stopped for our first night of camping in pancake bay provincial park. Let me say that ontario is absolutely beautiful to drive through this time of the year. the colors are amazing the scenery is only second in canada to the mountains.

Our next real stop was in winnipeg to meet up with Fellow AO'er DrewKroeker. he was kind enough to offer his place up for us to stay at for the weekend and also bring us out to play paintball at http://www.splatterspaintball.com/ the field was nice for only being open at this location for a month. mostly rental players, a few staff and some regulars, it was SUPER windy out in this open field and the first few games were tough to judge how the wind was going to affect the balls. but overall we had a great day. the 3 mags owned the field all day :D. Id like to thank Drew for the great day of paintball and the time in winnipeg. Your an amazing player and I will play ball with you anytime! if your ever in calgary or ottawa give one of us a shout and we will gladly return the favor.

We didnt have anything planned in between calgary and winnipeg other then driving like crazy to get it over with lol. we managed to find the only tree in saskachewan, and stopped in moosejaw for a night.
just shy of 2 weeks and 3700 km later we finally hit calgary. we stayed for a few days visiting some friends and family before leaving yesterday for edmonton. While here we plan on seeing the west edmonton mall, riding the rollercoaster and all that jazz. and sunday we just happened to stumble on A big scenario game at http://www.younggunspaintball.com/

We have another week ahead of us in the mountains camping and hiking. i will update with pictures and more info after i return to calgary

Mike

Sundown
10-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Glad your having fun there Mike :)
Must be a blast driving around at this time of year with the changes of color and all.
And being able to try out new fields with Maggers from here ;) now that must be cool :)

Hopping to see some pic soon. :)

michbich
10-11-2008, 02:05 PM
You had to go through my home town. Hearst, On :clap:

If you blinked, you probably missed it.

jade_monkey07
10-12-2008, 12:16 AM
You had to go through my home town. Hearst, On :clap:

If you blinked, you probably missed it.

lol accually we didnt take the 11 we stayed along the shore through sudbury and sault st marie

jade_monkey07
10-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Well i didnt get many pictures of ballin, since we only played twice on the trip but heres the 3 albums i have up on facebook. these are public albums so everyone should be able to see them. if theres any problems let me know

Ontario - calgary
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171664&l=97cf8&id=840660483

Mountain fun Jasper Banff Radium
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171679&l=437c6&id=840660483

mostly of the 9 km 1200 vert ft each way hike we did
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171698&l=7dade&id=840660483

if you look in the second album at some of the jasper lodge pictures you can see a mountain with a lookout on top...thats the one we climbed

trevorjk
10-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Mountain fun Jasper Banff Radium
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171679&l=437c6&id=840660483

PICTURE 41! SASQUATCH!!!!!

edit: next time pit stop in chicago, and ill take any and all your pictures! i wish i had scenery like that down here :( :( :(

jade_monkey07
10-24-2008, 11:03 AM
hahah yeah he did kinda look like sasquatch after a week in the woods lmao

PICTURE 41! SASQUATCH!!!!!

edit: next time pit stop in chicago, and ill take any and all your pictures! i wish i had scenery like that down here :( :( :(