PDA

View Full Version : interesting computer mouse problem

thecavemankevin
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
So here's a strange one for you all. I have three of the exact same microsoft notebook opto mouse 3000. The all stopped left click at the same time. Doesn't seem to mater which computer i plug it into (vista, xp sp2/3). It doesn't mater weather the software has been installed or if it just uses the standard built in driver.

scrolling/movement and right click all still work. Oh and one of them was brand new in the package.

I have yet to try a linux live disk though.

The only thing i can figure is if microsoft released a security update that killed them. Although i haven't found anything on the net like this.

anyone else seen anything like this before?

teufelhunden
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Planned obsolescence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence).

psychowarden
09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/75/skynet.363083.jpg

beam
09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
If they all got about the same amount of use, I'd have to say they all wore out.

It doesn't seem possible, but I'm on my 5th IntelliMouse Explorer because after a certain amount of use, the left click goes bad. Not out all together, but inconsistent enough to be annoying and make me an even worse FPS player.

behemoth
09-03-2008, 10:42 AM
If they all got about the same amount of use, I'd have to say they all wore out....

...Oh and one of them was brand new in the package....

No.

beam
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
No.

lol...yeah...I did that thing where I mostly read the post.

nevermind what I said

pmstc
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Get a different kind of mouse? Preferably something that isnt junk.
I have had good luck with logitech.

thecavemankevin
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought planned obsolescence may be the case, but i'm sure i would have found others having the same problem with that mouse. Or perhaps others did complain but microsoft got to them first. Good thing i'm using firefox on ubuntu huh?

Phaelynar
09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Buy a different kind of mouse? I've used the same standard microsoft optical mouse for 4 years, and a razer boomslang for the same four years and both work perfectly.

skife
09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
i've been using a microsoft intellimouse 3.0 for years and years and years.

i don't think they make them anymore, but i still love the thing.

Chris Nearchos
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
nope, i bet you i know what the problem is. its already happened to me with many other computer parts.

it could be either of things.

1) which i would be lead to believe it is, is that you probably just did a windows update and one of the "patches" or "updates" screwed/blocked with the working of those mice.

2) somethign wrong with the software.

I would suggest you to uninstall the software on the mice (each computer) and then reinstall with the latest from the manufactures website.

hope that helps,
-Chris