PDA

View Full Version : More RT Classic Help

Poon985
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Well I tried to replace all the o-rings in the mag the other night. I couldn't get two of the sections apart though. I got the regulator off of the back, but that was it. I replaced the power tube o-ring and the ones in the piston area. I gasses up the gun and everything seemed fine. The RT trigger seems to be very sensitive and tough to fire a single shot with out it going into a rapid fire, but the only thing I can compare it to is my 68 classic, never shot a RT before. I gassed it up today to fire some paint through it and all seemed good, but the trigger at times was getting stuck and not fully resetting. Also I am not leaking between the rail, all the o-rings in the rear gas through bolt are in place, but seem to be getting damaged every time I take it out, real fine cracks in the middle o-ring. Put it all back together and it will fire single shots only and not the RT trigger. I am scared that I just bought a lemon, but my knowledge of mags tells me it is just an o-ring problem. I hate to bring it to the shop, but I might have to. HELP PLEASE!!!

FlawleZ
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Make sure the banjo bolt isn't too tightly screwed into the valve. The banjo bolt is quite picky on its placement as it can't be too far in or out.

athomas
09-05-2008, 02:43 PM
If you are getting bolt stick, change the bolt spring. The bolt spring wears out over time and won't reset the bolt properly after a shot.

Rapid firing could be a sign of a worn sear. Check the tip where it catches the bolt. If it is even a tiny bit rounded, it could be your problem and should be replaced.

To unscrew the two halves, hold one half in a vise (protected by a cloth) and grab the other half with a strap wrench or a pair of channel locks (also protected by a cloth). You should be able to loosen the two halves.