PDA

View Full Version : What do you have to do to get regular frame to work on RT, RT -> 68mag? thanks!

Mossman
01-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey.
at the airgun store while drooling over intelli frames...for RTs it says "specify to drill hole for RT"

my question is.....can you drill the RT hole on a say....benchmark regular mag 2x?

are the holes just a little off that it would make an ovular shaped hole that would slip and be a mess...or could you have the 2 holes on the same frame so its interchangable?

thanks very much.
-Sam

Muzikman
01-24-2002, 01:05 PM
You can drill the hole yourself. The location is the same, just the hole is bigger on an RT (there is a banjo bolt in the RT that the air passes through). Once they are drilled out you can swap the frame between the RT and a Automag, Minimag, RT pro, Sydarm, etc... All you need is a Power Tube space to put in the hole and take up the slack when you take it off the RT and attach it to a normal mag. If you plan on drilling the hole yourself, you will need to know the exact size (I can't remeber) and you will want to use a drill press. I would not attempt it with out one. I hope this helps.

Mossman
01-24-2002, 01:08 PM
sounds good...ive got a drill press and 2 RT frames for reference. are those power tube spacers the one that come in the kits with a few sizes?

thanks for the reply