PDA

View Full Version : BUYER BEWARE "heisman01" AKA "paintballersedge"

Ruler_Mark
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Today I am a happy man.

I finally got my take after over a month and a half. It is now the lil baby in my dynaflow patch.

http://akaog.org/forums/gallery/1_20_09_08_12_15_57.PNG

August 4th I bought in into a GA tank pre-order from him.

As of September 8th, I dont even have a tracking code. He has dodged my messages for over the past 2 weeks. Until now, upon this communication I am over holding my tongue watching him buy/sell stuff online.

Last communication was: august 24th

there saying they lost my check, im going to the bank tomorrow to declare it void and just use my card

i can show you the emails ive been exchanging with the VP of sales at GA if you dont believe me

on august 18th I recieved this from him:

no i havent gotten them from ga yet, i sent them an email a little bit ago wondering what was up

I just contacted him under a different alias on AIM and got an instant response, who woulda thunk it.

(8:48:03 PM) GenoDemoN: Hi. Are you there?
(8:48:15 PM) paintballersedge: yeah
(8:48:24 PM) GenoDemoN: hey, its this heisman01?
(8:48:29 PM) paintballersedge: yes
(8:48:35 PM) GenoDemoN: it's ruler_mark
(8:48:35 PM) GenoDemoN: I thought you were going to use your card to get this going.... seriously man it has been over a month now.

I know you have read thoose past pm's and been online in the past 2 weeks.
(8:48:40 PM) GenoDemoN: quote author=heisman01 link=action=profile;u=75 date=1219628667
there saying they lost my check, im going to the bank tomorrow to declare it void and just use my card

i can show you the emails ive been exchanging with the VP of sales at GA if you dont believe me
/quote
(8:48:47 PM) GenoDemoN: that's from august 24th
(8:49:10 PM) GenoDemoN: last time I heard from you
(8:49:14 PM) paintballersedge: i just sent you a pm on aka i havent been on there since like saturday
(8:49:29 PM) GenoDemoN: well 2 weeks ago I sent you a pm
(8:49:34 PM) paintballersedge: ill get the emails they have sent me
(8:49:34 PM) GenoDemoN: then again 1 week ago
(8:49:43 PM) paintballersedge: whats your email address?
(8:49:48 PM) GenoDemoN: removed
(8:50:12 PM) GenoDemoN: well my current irk is the fact that you just said they haven't gotten the check when you told me on the 24th you were going to use a card
(8:50:17 PM) GenoDemoN: to speed it up
(8:51:29 PM) paintballersedge: i just sent u the last email they sent me which contains all my conversations with the VP of sales from GA
(8:51:49 PM) GenoDemoN: can you explain to me my last statement
(8:52:25 PM) paintballersedge: ok when i first ordered the tanks from GA i sent him an email and said i need this invoice me and ill mail out a check
(8:52:37 PM) paintballersedge: and thats what i did
(8:52:55 PM) paintballersedge: and you can read the rest its pretty self explanatory
(8:54:19 PM) paintballersedge: im sorry that its taken this long i really never thought it would when i started the pre order, ive also got many upset customers because of GA that have also prepaid for tanks
(8:54:39 PM) GenoDemoN: Well my question is
(8:54:48 PM) GenoDemoN: how on the 24th can you say you were going to use your card
(8:54:51 PM) GenoDemoN: when you don't
(8:55:01 PM) GenoDemoN: to me
(8:56:46 PM) paintballersedge: ok the money i used to order all the tanks close to 1000 was from a grant that my city gave to because i started a business( i figured it would be easier than 2 checks or half on a card and the rest in the form of a check) so i used the money from the tanks to pay my stores rent figuring the tanks would be in in less than a week
(8:58:35 PM) paintballersedge: i mean ive sent checks from my grant to various other companies JT trinity and DC and they havent had any problem or taken such a long time like this has
(9:01:00 PM) GenoDemoN: Well I'm at a point where I am tired of waiting for this tank. I could have bought one and sold the reg and played with it for the past few weeks at the same price point. I am extremely unhappy but have been willing to wait a bit to help out an up-start and aka enthusiast. I don't know what to say to you, I just pointed out where the last communication you lied to me and now are trying to explain what is going on and how am I to believe that? how am I to believe I am not going to just be scammed in the end?
(9:02:15 PM) GenoDemoN: I would like to request that either A: get a tracking on or before Friday, or B get a full refund
(9:02:38 PM) paintballersedge: ill get a tracking number from GA or something for you
(9:02:42 PM) GenoDemoN: no
(9:02:44 PM) GenoDemoN: not from GA
(9:02:51 PM) GenoDemoN: the tracking of my bottle to my door
(9:03:10 PM) paintballersedge: ok ill do my best
(9:03:44 PM) GenoDemoN: If I don't have it by ~ 6pm EST(gmt-5) on Friday you will be claimed on paypal.
(9:03:52 PM) paintballersedge: ok
(9:04:17 PM) GenoDemoN: thanks for not admitting to lieing to me. I hope you do better with your future customers, you lost one.
(9:11:17 PM) GenoDemoN: oh by the way, you will see me opening the dispute right now via paypal, this is only pre-emptive to show you that I am 100% serious, they will be closed when I receive my bottle or escalated to a claim on Friday.

If you dont feel like reading the log, I caught him in a lie about the last communication I had with him.

This is not a way to treat customers.

YOU ARE WARNED.

Warwitch
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Hmmm, not the first time Ive seen that name attached to a similar thread. :boo:

What the heck happened around here? AO used to be the most respectable place to do business. :mad: Good luck with it Mark.

Enhander
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
hmm I dunno, Ive purchased a crazy amount of stuff from heisman and never had a problem

Empyreal Rogue
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not involved in this so take this how you will, but it really seems like he's having a lot of problems. I've never seen a scammer apologize that much for something that obviously can't be in his control.

snoopay700
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not involved in this so take this how you will, but it really seems like he's having a lot of problems. I've never seen a scammer apologize that much for something that obviously can't be in his control.
Or so he says, why would he lie about using the card though?

punkncat
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
What the heck happened around here? AO used to be the most respectable place to do business.

I don't think that it has really gotten any worse here than it has ever been. There have been a few more bad trades and situations made public here in the PB talk, but the bad trader thread goes back a good ways. Just like any forum you have to watch who you deal with. At a time when money is tight for many, not only do you see more of this, but lot of people are more sensitive to it being done to them as the cash is not so "disposable" in a way.

At this time MCB is IMO the best place to trade. Those guys will hunt you down and burn you at the stake if you go over there screwing around.

Empyreal Rogue
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Or so he says, why would he lie about using the card though?

I'm not going to defend him, I'm just saying this could actually be one of those legit scenarios.

Just recently I sold my X-Mag lowers to someone, and he was completely convinced I was scamming him. Somehow the mail system ended up fudging the delivery and it took twice as long to arrive as it should have. All is good now though.

Just because it looks like a girl, smells like a girl... Doesn't always mean that it is a girl.

Warwitch
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Just because it looks like a girl, smells like a girl... Doesn't always mean that it is a girl.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Ruler_Mark
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm not going to defend him, I'm just saying this could actually be one of those legit scenarios.

Just recently I sold my X-Mag lowers to someone, and he was completely convinced I was scamming him. Somehow the mail system ended up fudging the delivery and it took twice as long to arrive as it should have. All is good now though.

Yes I agree, but the fact I have to badger and go under a different name just to get to talk to him to find out the situation.... An previosuly the only contact I get from him prior to today for the past 2 weeks was a lie. I count 3 unresponded pms spread out over 2 weeks.

Stuff happens but when you lie and dont tell the customer is when it hits no no zone.

snoopay700
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Transvestites, more than meets the eye.

Seriously though, at least you didn't lie to the guy about it, i mean yeah he could be having legit problems but he lied to him rather than being straight up. It's just bad business practice and shouldn't be done.

paintball72
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Just because it looks like a girl, smells like a girl... Doesn't always mean that it is a girl.[/QUOTE]
is it bad that i know that from a very bad mixup (note booze was involved :D )

snoopay700
09-08-2008, 10:00 PM
is it bad that i know that from a very bad mixup (note booze was involved :D )[/QUOTE]
Despite what you might think, the involvement of alcoholic substances do not make that situation any better. :p

trevorjk
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
is it bad that i know that from a very bad mixup (note booze was involved :D )[/QUOTE]

was he at least hot? :spit_take

Ruler_Mark
09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
UPDATE, got my tank!!

Today I am a happy man.

I finally got my take after over a month and a half. It is now the lil baby in my dynaflow patch.

http://akaog.org/forums/gallery/1_20_09_08_12_15_57.PNG

snoopay700
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Damn that's a small tank.

Ruler_Mark
09-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Damn that's a small tank.

it'll need a drop back for some of my guns.

snoopay700
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
it'll need a drop back for some of my guns.
Why did you get such a small tank?

Ruler_Mark
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Why not?

http://akaog.org/forums/gallery/1_20_09_08_12_45_16.PNG

once I throw a drop back on there it will be the length of a 45 but the front of the bottle will be father back allow wrists to hug the gun closer.

edit: I dont live in prison.

snoopay700
09-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Why not?

http://akaog.org/forums/gallery/1_20_09_08_12_45_16.PNG

once I throw a drop back on there it will be the length of a 45 but the front of the bottle will be father back allow wrists to hug the gun closer.

edit: I dont live in prison.
Hey, my dorm looks just like that so don't feel bad. But yeah, i wish i had that gun.

Lohman446
09-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Wait a moment.

You signed on for a large batch order in order to obtain the best possible price? That is a good idea.

What kind of turn around did you expect on a large batch order? Understand what we in paintball consider large and what the rest of the industrial world consider large are far different things.

A long turn around time should be expected in that type of thing. While a month and a half is surely testing the limits of it its not outside of what most would consider relatively normal. Especially if in fact a lost check was involved in there.

Ruler_Mark
09-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Wait a moment.

You signed on for a large batch order in order to obtain the best possible price? That is a good idea.

What kind of turn around did you expect on a large batch order? Understand what we in paintball consider large and what the rest of the industrial world consider large are far different things.

A long turn around time should be expected in that type of thing. While a month and a half is surely testing the limits of it its not outside of what most would consider relatively normal. Especially if in fact a lost check was involved in there.

I agree with you, however things change when you get lied to about what is going on.

edit: whats done is done, Im glad to finally have my tank.