PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about adjusting the trigger rod

xero28
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Basically, is it ok to adjust the trigger rod? I've got a single trigger benchy and there is A LOT of space before the trigger engages the rod. I don't think I can put in a trigger stop. Can I just unscrew the rod until it meets with the trigger. (And when I say "can I", of course I already have unscrewed it) I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is a no-no, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

secretweaponevan
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Basically, is it ok to adjust the trigger rod? I've got a single trigger benchy and there is A LOT of space before the trigger engages the rod. I don't think I can put in a trigger stop. Can I just unscrew the rod until it meets with the trigger. (And when I say "can I", of course I already have unscrewed it) I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is a no-no, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

Just make sure that with the safety on there is a small gap between the back of the trigger and the tip of the trigger rod and you should be ok.

Spider-TW
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Differences in frames is what the adjustment is good for. The gap behind the trigger should be about a business card thick, up to 1/16" (which is a little large imo).

It is NOT for tuning your trigger to make it shorter, quicker, etc., which is the :nono: part.