PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag questions

Watcher
09-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Ok, I recently bought a RTmag and it is on the way.
I figured it'd be really cool to have and such, but as far as speed on the airball field without using the reactive trigger (ie, walking) should be fairly difficult.

So I figured I'd still have an electro marker or something when I needed extra speed easier, but then I heard of the Pneumags and saw a few videos.

So I got to thinking, I'll just pneu- my RTMag and make it walkable but I have no idea where to begin.

Can you just buy a kit and drop it in? Does the marker have to be modded in any way?
How much does it usually cost to pneu- a marker?
How does it actually work? I know there is a piston that pushes the sear, but how is it actuated?
Is it easy to tune/maintain?
Any problems inherent in Pneumags?

Thanks for the help.

If I have any more questions, which I'm sure I will, I'll post again.

Oh, and btw, I have a Benchmark double finger trigger frame on the RTMag.

ManInBlack
09-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, I recently bought a RTmag and it is on the way.
I figured it'd be really cool to have and such, but as far as speed on the airball field without using the reactive trigger (ie, walking) should be fairly difficult.

So I figured I'd still have an electro marker or something when I needed extra speed easier, but then I heard of the Pneumags and saw a few videos.

So I got to thinking, I'll just pneu- my RTMag and make it walkable but I have no idea where to begin.

Can you just buy a kit and drop it in? Does the marker have to be modded in any way?
How much does it usually cost to pneu- a marker?
How does it actually work? I know there is a piston that pushes the sear, but how is it actuated?
Is it easy to tune/maintain?
Any problems inherent in Pneumags?

Thanks for the help.

If I have any more questions, which I'm sure I will, I'll post again.

Oh, and btw, I have a Benchmark double finger trigger frame on the RTMag.

Cyberrave sells a kit for about $40 last I checked. It includes everything you need to pnuemag your gun except for a Low Pressure Regulator (LPR). The grip usually has to be milled/dremeled a bit to get the parts in there. You also have to remove the trigger pin from the sear but this is very simple and reversible.

What happens when you pull the trigger is you actuate a pnuematic switch which sends air to the piston which pushes the sear and fires the mag. I've had mine for a while and had no problems. You might want to consider a ULT mod though.

The benchmark frame probably won't work. Pick up an intelliframe. Have fun!