PDA

View Full Version : Tac One Accessories

RaizielDragon
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm looking for some specific accessories for my Tac One, and am having no luck finding them by searching the web. This is my first paintball gun, so I don't know much about what else I have to get besides the gun, though I've been looking into it for awhile now.

First off, I'm looking for a Car-15 gas-thru stock. This would be the one that looks like the collapsible M4 carbine stock, not the solid M16 stock. I don't know if its possible to get one that is actually collapsible and still be gas-thru, but if you do know of one that works for the Tac One, please let me know.

Second, I'm looking for a barrel that is as self-cleaning as possible (i.e.: put a couple of shots behind a break and its good) and has a little porting near the end to help reduce sound. Maybe 14-18 inches. I also want a barrel shroud that looks like an M4A1 KAS foregrip. Thats been the hard part so far.

I also don't know what to get as far as an air tank and regulator, but I can probably talk with my local field about it.

If anyone has any insight into where I could find these particular pieces, please let me know.

Looper
09-11-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm looking for some specific accessories for my Tac One, and am having no luck finding them by searching the web. This is my first paintball gun, so I don't know much about what else I have to get besides the gun, though I've been looking into it for awhile now.

First off, I'm looking for a Car-15 gas-thru stock. This would be the one that looks like the collapsible M4 carbine stock, not the solid M16 stock. I don't know if its possible to get one that is actually collapsible and still be gas-thru, but if you do know of one that works for the Tac One, please let me know.

Second, I'm looking for a barrel that is as self-cleaning as possible (i.e.: put a couple of shots behind a break and its good) and has a little porting near the end to help reduce sound. Maybe 14-18 inches. I also want a barrel shroud that looks like an M4A1 KAS foregrip. Thats been the hard part so far.

I also don't know what to get as far as an air tank and regulator, but I can probably talk with my local field about it.

If anyone has any insight into where I could find these particular pieces, please let me know.Stock; your best bet is a SpecOps T2W or find Noxx and buy one from him, I recommend Noxx over SpecOps. You can try and get the SpecOps Longbow kit stock but it lowers the marker too much for it to be of any use, yeah I had one of those and sold it. of course none of the above options ARE the CAR stock that you asked for, sorry.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189708&highlight=Longbow

Barrel; Ok here is where the opinions come in :ninja: I have bought a Ti Longbow kit, not to be confused with a SpecOps Longbow kit for the Tac-One, from SAK Paintball after reading a thread on PBNation from one of our own here on AO, MANN. I have never been happier with it. Your other option from his testing was the first Generation of Scepter Barrel Kit but those are VERY hard to find. I have had a SS Freak Kit with a DW Fibur, and Evil Pipe kit and a second gen Scepter kit and, in my opinion, the Ti Longbow beats them all for cleaning a ball break.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

Oh and if you get your Level 10 setup right you won't need a self cleaning barrel... :D

RaizielDragon
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Stock; your best bet is a SpecOps T2W or find Noxx and buy one from him, I recommend Noxx over SpecOps. You can try and get the SpecOps Longbow kit stock but it lowers the marker too much for it to be of any use, yeah I had one of those and sold it. of course none of the above options ARE the CAR stock that you asked for, sorry.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189708&highlight=Longbow

Barrel; Ok here is where the opinions come in :ninja: I have bought a Ti Longbow kit, not to be confused with a SpecOps Longbow kit for the Tac-One, from SAK Paintball after reading a thread on PBNation from one of our own here on AO, MANN. I have never been happier with it. Your other option from his testing was the first Generation of Scepter Barrel Kit but those are VERY hard to find. I have had a SS Freak Kit with a DW Fibur, and Evil Pipe kit and a second gen Scepter kit and, in my opinion, the Ti Longbow beats them all for cleaning a ball break.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

Oh and if you get your Level 10 setup right you won't need a self cleaning barrel... :D

Thanks Looper. That helps a bit. As for the Level 10, its true there shouldnt be any chops, but I assume the barrel might still cause a break.

For the stock, what type of paintball gun should I get the stock for? Nothing says its for a Tac One. Does a Tac One count as an automag, autococker, ion, etc. for purpose of stock compatibility? I know it has an autococker barrel and angel feed neck and ball detent (i dont know what the detent is exactly BTW, I just read it on the Tac One description), but what does it count as for a stock?

Ravenneon
09-13-2008, 12:02 AM
The detent is the little plastic ball nub inside the body that keeps ur chambered round from rolling forward and allowing another ball to load before that one is fired. And yes the tac-one is still considered an automag. Though I've never seen a M4 style stock made specifically for the tac-one. Though I'm sure with a little modifcation anythings possible.