PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Removal & Milling ?'s

zoestrainer
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Is it possible to remove the chrome from a trigger frame and either anodize or powder coat it. The body, rail, frame and foregrip will need to have a uniform finish.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as milling goes. I'm not a machinist but I would like to know what is ok and what is not when it come to a mag.

I'm a new found fan of the mag and I have a very specific look I want to achieve without reducing performance.

Thanks

luke
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Is it possible to remove the chrome from a trigger frame

Yes.

and either anodize

Yes

or powder coat it.

Yes, but you can also powdercoat right over chrome as long as it is in good shape. (No flaking)

The body, rail, frame and foregrip will need to have a uniform finish.

Same rules apply.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as milling goes.

What machining do you intend to do?

zoestrainer
09-12-2008, 02:04 AM
What machining do you intend to do?

1st let me say that I am not a machinist. I am in the design phase of this project. Just pencil drawings, and I've got it narrowed down to a few. The gun should function for most any style of recreational paintball. Overkill, while not entirely necessary, isn't always a bad thing.

Milling will need to be done on the rail, possibly the body, frame and drop. The rail to lighten it, and of course to give it some character. Most important to me is performance and what will need to be done when mating a hyperframe. Then of course it's looks.

For the mag, I'm torn between a more tactical look and a more freeflowing design. Some of the rail milling that you have done is very similar to the look that I have in several of my drawings. However, I came across this gem (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/marker_gallery/hypermag/snertz-hypermag.html) and it has given me a few other ideas. Dramatically different in form and may not even be possible, but thats why I'm here. The body, frame and drop will mirror the form of any rail design.

FYI, your feed mods (http://www.lukescustoms.com/Page27_Misc_Parts_Services/Vert_Mod_mounted_Blasted.JPG) are very nice. In my opinion, a much better look for the standard body.

Advice, criticism, direction or thought I'm open to any ideas or opinions.