PDA

View Full Version : Halo B is really being a buger, barely fitting into feedneck on Tac 1

MAGslinger
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
So here is the story, as of yesterday, I just became the owner of a brand-new Tac 1 (ordered from tunaman, he shipped it longbow ready at no extra charge :clap: :clap: along with some other goodies). So initially, my jaw dropped when I surveyed the sexiness of the marker :wow: . So I decided to put my Halo B on it to get a feel for weight and all, it fits tightly and only after applying a crap load of pressure :mad: . Is there a way to get a better fit for the hopper? Also, seeing as the feedneck is threaded (a god send) does anyone know of a wider in diameter feedneck that will fit a Halo B. Thanks.

punkncat
09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
CCM feednecks work well. I bought a Hybrid for one of my ULE bodies, only to find out that in spite of being a clamping feed it is too small to fit my ReloaderB.

The ghetto fix is to sand your Halo feedneck. I seem to remember at one point them actually including a small bit of sandpaper in the box just for that.

Dawg047
09-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Yes, CCM feedenecks work perfectly. Other than that, sand the halo feedneck or find a buddy with a clamping feedneck that fits that halo and just work it up and down on his until it fits in your feedneck (kind of sands it). Wow, that didn't sound right at all but you get my drift. ;)

B-Pow
09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I sanded my HaloB a litte when I got it, Used it on several clampers and non. Most force feeders are kinda wide at the neck due to how they are built...and require some sanding to fit in the majority of feednecks.

GoatBoy
09-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I still chuckle when I think about the hopper setups still in use today.

"Can I mount a sight securely on the gun?"

"Sure, we have a rail for that. In fact, we have two rail types for mounting stuff like that."

"What about a flashlight?"

"Yeah, we have rails for that too."

"How about night vision?"

"Yep, rails."

"How about places to mount a sling?"

"Yep, have all those too if you need it."

"How about a foregrip or a useless piece of decoration that looks like a magazine?"

"Yep, a lot of guns have mount points for that stuff too."

"Cool, what about the air source?"

"Well, we have rails, bolt-ons, drops, no-drops, cradles, and numerous permutations of ways to secure your air source on the gun."

"Cool. So I assume there's a good way to secure the other critical piece of equipment onto my marker, the hopper, right?"

"Erm, no, the whole thing has to be supported by this flimsy little plastic feed neck."

"What? Why?"

"Well, it's kind of a holdover from the 1980's when someone decided to use PVC pipes to gravity feed the markers of the day (pumps), and uh we never really successfully got past that stage."

"That was like almost 30 years ago!"

"Hey, we've gotten smarter about it though. We have these great clamping feed necks which will hang onto your hopper by crushing the life out of that little plastic feed neck."

"Uhm, isn't that just going to make the problem worse by weakening the very thing that's taking all that stress?"

"Well, they make the feed necks thicker now to help handle the stress."

"But what if the feed neck won't fit in the clamp?"

"Well, you sand it down."

"Errrrrrrrr... I think I see how this game works now..."

Enhander
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Just sand the feedneck down on your Halo..thats all i did and it fit fine until I got a locking feedneck.

maniacmechanic
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
just spend the money and buy this ; http://cgi.ebay.com/Feedneck-CCM-New-Angel-Dust-Black-Black_W0QQitemZ150292932220QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1055 4QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
thier necks are great & its Matte Black

Beemer
09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I still chuckle when I think about the hopper setups still in use today.

"Can I mount a sight securely on the gun?"

"Sure, we have a rail for that. In fact, we have two rail types for mounting stuff like that."

"What about a flashlight?"

"Yeah, we have rails for that too."

"How about night vision?"

"Yep, rails."

"How about places to mount a sling?"

"Yep, have all those too if you need it."

"How about a foregrip or a useless piece of decoration that looks like a magazine?"

"Yep, a lot of guns have mount points for that stuff too."

"Cool, what about the air source?"

"Well, we have rails, bolt-ons, drops, no-drops, cradles, and numerous permutations of ways to secure your air source on the gun."

"Cool. So I assume there's a good way to secure the other critical piece of equipment onto my marker, the hopper, right?"

"Erm, no, the whole thing has to be supported by this flimsy little plastic feed neck."

"What? Why?"

"Well, it's kind of a holdover from the 1980's when someone decided to use PVC pipes to gravity feed the markers of the day (pumps), and uh we never really successfully got past that stage."

"That was like almost 30 years ago!"

"Hey, we've gotten smarter about it though. We have these great clamping feed necks which will hang onto your hopper by crushing the life out of that little plastic feed neck."

"Uhm, isn't that just going to make the problem worse by weakening the very thing that's taking all that stress?"

"Well, they make the feed necks thicker now to help handle the stress."

"But what if the feed neck won't fit in the clamp?"

"Well, you sand it down."

"Errrrrrrrr... I think I see how this game works now..."

:rofl: :spit_take Thats classic and priceless all in one and is the POTM[post of the month]
Hmmm

snoopay700
09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Haha, goatboy that was classic, i love it.

MoeMag
09-11-2008, 10:55 PM
agreed. epic post.

/sand the feedneck. :rofl:

killbot
10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
gravity feed, electric hoppers, stock class feed, qloaders, spring feedtubes, warp feeds, clips...

you could just load them 1 at a time if your too lazy

Spider-TW
10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
If you have a nice loader, I say it is worth the new feed neck to avoid sanding. Of three broken loader necks I've had a good look at, they all broke across the top of the sanded section. Not only is it weaker, but the sanding scratches can provide a start for cracks. If you sand, taper near the top of the feed neck and finish it with some fine sand paper. Little chunks of neck falling off your loader is :cuss:

behemoth
10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Someone glue weaver rail mounts onto the bottom of a halo, and cut the neck off.

Tac1?

FiXeL
10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
The only way to do that on a CF tac is to mount the weaver mount on the battery door... I'd opt for sanding the feedneck instead... :rofl:

michbich
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I think i have the smartest idea idea ever...twist lock feednecks, oh wait :rofl:

chafnerjr
10-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Let's remember that you bought this thing potentially for use with a longbow kit... not too far off from a qbow that is, if you wanted to use a q-loader. That's the only way to get around this crappy feedneck issue... that or just don't dive on the damned gun.

P.S. To be fair you could always use a warp as well... but then you probably wouldn't have wanted a long bow!?!?!