PDA

View Full Version : Deadlywind barrel - feedback

Sundown
09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I searched around and did not find any threads on this... if there is one, please let me know.

I am looking at the Deadlywind barrels and I would like to know what people think about them? Any feedback on them?
How does it compare to lets say a HammerHead kit or a normal Freak kit?

Any feedback is good :)

FYI If style of play comes into account, I play woodsball with a basic Tac-One :)

Cr1t1cal
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I play woodsball with an SP1 with a DW barrel. I've only had opportunity to play with it a couple of times, but I much prefer it over my full Freak kit. It still uses the inserts, which some like, some don't, but having a one-piece barrel greatly simplifies things.

Stayhuge
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Great barrel. I always feel like it is going to break, but no problems yet. It is a lot stronger than it looks and feels. I actually am looking to sell one of the ones that I have, 12 inch, in AC threads, if you are interested. PM me if you are interested. It's practically new. Thanks

mpsd
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I have two of them. An older one, 12" long (bought and used since feb/2006) and a brand new one, 16" long. Haven't played with the newer one ye but I can tell you that the 12" Fibur is the BEST barrel I've ever used:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/My%20guns/DSC02679.jpg

The new one has better barrel porting and it's smoother on the inside than the older one so it should be even better than the other. It's extremelly light and precise. It allows you to use Freak inserts and they are very easy to change.

You can't go wrong with this barrel, trust me.

Thourne
09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I have one on my scenario mag. It is based off the look of the H&K G3

It is a really nice quiet barrel. Accuracy wise it is the same as all my other Freak barrels (I have 5-6 variations of them for many guns and really love them). The thing that I like so much about the DW is that even if there is a barrel break it shoots through it quickly; much better than my other Freaks and it autoclears the paint much faster than anything I've ever used other than the J & J Ceramic. So I'd give it 5 stars.

It also supports about half the weight of my forward sling point and it has stood up to many long games (the last being about 16 hours of scenario play this past weekend).

Pneumagger
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Those are 2 nice mags u got there Mendel :) ;) :headbang:

Get that second one up and running yet?

mpsd
09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Those are 2 nice mags u got there Mendel :) ;) :headbang:

Get that second one up and running yet?

You know them well, right? :rofl:

They are really amazing, thank you for agreeing to make the frames for me!!!

I still couldn't put it to work. I'm out of air and work is so absurdelly hard that I couldn't neither go to the field or fill up my scuba. Yesterday night I've filled my 68ci DXS tank with 1500 psi to test it but I also found out that this Proto on/off doesn't let it go all the way (I don't know why but only a CO2 tank went right with it) so I'll change it for an Evil on/off that I have here and test it again. Problem is that, with this low ammount of air, I won't be able to test it thouroughly. Lets see what happens...

The pneumag is suffering from bolt stick when rapid firing. I think I have to change the Level 10 carrier for a smaller one.

Anyways, I hope to fill up my tank tomorrow and test/fix it all during the weekend.

Now, changing matters, I went to Punta Cana with my fiance and now I don't know if I did pay you the remaining service. If not, please, send me a PM and I'll have it done ASAP. Sorry for that.

MoeMag
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Love mine!!!

Get one!

snoopay700
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I have two of them. An older one, 12" long (bought and used since feb/2006) and a brand new one, 16" long. Haven't played with the newer one ye but I can tell you that the 12" Fibur is the BEST barrel I've ever used:

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/My%20guns/DSC02679.jpg

The new one has better barrel porting and it's smoother on the inside than the older one so it should be even better than the other. It's extremelly light and precise. It allows you to use Freak inserts and they are very easy to change.

You can't go wrong with this barrel, trust me.
Fool, i have decided that 2 karta mags is just too many for you, and the next weekend i have free i am biking down to steal one from you. I'm pretty sure i can make it there and back in a weekend. :rofl:

Also, if it's suffering from bolt stick it's probably too small and you need a larger carrier, unless i'm thinking backward.

mpsd
09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Fool, i have decided that 2 karta mags is just too many for you, and the next weekend i have free i am biking down to steal one from you. I'm pretty sure i can make it there and back in a weekend. :rofl:

Also, if it's suffering from bolt stick it's probably too small and you need a larger carrier, unless i'm thinking backward.

LOL, one of them is a Dallara. But, still, you´re very welcome down here LOL

You are right. I did thought backwards. It's just that I was still in the office at 10:00 PM and my brain was starting to go down LOL

Sundown
09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh Thanks guys..
I already have a freak kit and that is why I was looking at the DW barrels. Since they can take the freak backs.
I was just not a fan of Carbon F., because they cannot be swabbed... but now the DW barrel can be swabbed.. so that is a big plus :)

But I was also looking at the HammerHead Barrel kit... SO I will need to see :)

Thanks again

snoopay700
09-11-2008, 09:22 PM
LOL, one of them is a Dallara. But, still, you´re very welcome down here LOL

You are right. I did thought backwards. It's just that I was still in the office at 10:00 PM and my brain was starting to go down LOL
Ah, dallara, karta, when they're at an angle they look the same lol. I'd still love to have either one, but at least you're not as bad as some people who have multiple kartas lol.

flyingpootang
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
It's the best barrel I've ever used. Light, strong, and quiet....

varq
09-13-2008, 03:35 PM
awesome barrel kit. I Love it. In fact I bought it to replace my Lapco Snapshot 5 pc kit which I am looking to unload if anyone is interested PM me.. $95 plus S&H.

hmudd13
09-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh Thanks guys..
I already have a freak kit and that is why I was looking at the DW barrels. Since they can take the freak backs.
I was just not a fan of Carbon F., because they cannot be swabbed... but now the DW barrel can be swabbed.. so that is a big plus :)

But I was also looking at the HammerHead Barrel kit... SO I will need to see :)

Thanks again
I have a couple of cf barrels, not dw, just curious what you mean by "they cannot be swabbed" :confused:

Sundown
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I have a couple of cf barrels, not dw, just curious what you mean by "they cannot be swabbed" :confused:

Well I always heard that CF barrels cannot be swabbed because it could damage the inside barrel (scratch the inside). Once a CF barrel (i.e. Stiffi) is swabbed the barrel will not work as well.

One of my friends has a stiffi and the warranty says that if you swab it, the warranty is gone.
but Maybe that all new CF barrels did the same thing as DW and put some coat inside the barrel for it to be possible to swab.

So maybe the new CF barrels are ok :)

egb groupie
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM
The problems with the Stiffi barrels and the like was that a swab would "catch" or "snag" exposed carbon fibers that are in the porting, therefore over time unraveling the weave from the inside out and ruining the barrel. DW found some way around this, and they can be swabbed without catching the carbon fibers in the porting.

Sundown
09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
The problems with the Stiffi barrels and the like was that a swab would "catch" or "snag" exposed carbon fibers that are in the porting, therefore over time unraveling the weave from the inside out and ruining the barrel. DW found some way around this, and they can be swabbed without catching the carbon fibers in the porting.

Excellent way to explain it.. I just did not know exactly why it was not good to swab a stiffi barrel :)

Thanks

DW has some sort of Silkfiber inside to make it swab proof.

hmudd13
09-15-2008, 08:49 AM

OOOPS, I've been swabbing for years. Never heard the "no swab" thing before.
I'll have to check the barrels.

jade_monkey07
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey sundown, youll get a chance to see the hammerhead kit next weekend if you havnt already.

Sundown
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey sundown, youll get a chance to see the hammerhead kit next weekend if you havnt already.

Yeah I heard you play with HH barrels :)
And I think you even have the shark touth front?
That was the setup I wanted for my Mag.

I have seen a HH, just never seen it in action :)

I'll see you on Sunday and I am looking forward seing the Gmag in action also :) I really wanna see how well that thing can shoot... if its not on me :) haha

Sudz
09-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah I heard you play with HH barrels :)
And I think you even have the shark touth front?
That was the setup I wanted for my Mag.

I have seen a HH, just never seen it in action :)

I'll see you on Sunday and I am looking forward seing the Gmag in action also :) I really wanna see how well that thing can shoot... if its not on me :) haha

I plan on goin out with Jade and own the Deadlywind Fibur as well so maybe you can use this time to try them out, your more then welcome to test my barrel if you want!