PDA

View Full Version : RT Upgrade Package?

Watcher
09-13-2008, 05:06 AM
I was just browsing around the AGD site for spare parts I might need when my RT arrives, and I noticed something on the ULE Warp bodies page:

"Note: If you want to put this on an Automag/Classic or Minimag, you will need to press the twist lock assembly out of the rail. Also, this ULE body will not fit the old Automag RT. See our RT Upgrade Package, below."

There is no RT Upgrade Package listed below so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone knows about this.

Why can't the RT take the ULE bodies? Is the screw placement different? I know the valve fits in the RT body completely, but unless the RT body actually makes an air seal it should make no difference whether the valve is covered or not; right?
So why exactly are the bodies incompatible? Is it possible to "hybrid" a ULE body with a RT body?
I'm not afraid of a little mod work if I'll get an end result that works, if I have to hack-job the marker then I'd just forget it.

While I'm already starting a thread, I also had a question about the foregrip.
Is it all one complete piece? I see that almost every RTmag has the stock AGD rubber foregrip with the finger nubs, but I saw one or two that have the bicycle-grip.
I have a bicycle grip from another marker I once had and would like to install it, so can the original foregrip unscrew (is it asa threaded?) or do I have to just replace the rubber part of the grip? Or does this need special modification?

Thanks guys.

olinar
09-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Not only does the body fit differently but it is also longer. The back hlaf would have to be sliced off if you wanted to u se a new style valve.

The foregrip isnt a screw off kind, but it can be removed via 2 screws that hold it in place at the bracket. You can replace that with anything

atech2
09-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I was trying a retro fit with a spacer, scroll down and the problem gets addresses.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234333

Watcher
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Not only does the body fit differently but it is also longer. The back hlaf would have to be sliced off if you wanted to u se a new style valve.

The foregrip isnt a screw off kind, but it can be removed via 2 screws that hold it in place at the bracket. You can replace that with anything

Would a new style valve be an option? Can a X-valve fit on the rt rail with a ule body and the normal field strip screw?

Atech2 was saying that the bolt specs are different. So, would milling a slot in the rail solve the problem?

How could you replace the front grip if it is held on by 2 screws? Is there an adapter that bolts on that is asa threaded?

I wonder why AGD didn't make aftermarket bodies for the rt...

Watcher
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM

Would a new style valve be an option? Can a X-valve fit on the rt rail with a ule body and the normal field strip screw?

Atech2 was saying that the bolt specs are different. So, would milling a slot in the rail solve the problem?

How could you replace the front grip if it is held on by 2 screws? Is there an adapter that bolts on that is asa threaded?

I wonder why AGD didn't make aftermarket bodies for the rt...
Maybe I can get one machined, idk.

GRimm
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd check out a local machine shop first to find out pricing, if it isnt to crazy it might save you some headaches milling the mail.

Watcher
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
milling the mail? or "rail" :p

yeah. Hey, maybe I can just, idk, drill some holes in the mainbody and just turn it sideways a little :rolleyes:

I'll never know until I get it and look at it though.

Big package came today :clap:

... addressed to my dad :cry:

atech2
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I will be working on my retro fit project again real soon. I like the Classiv look, and am working on reversable mods.