PDA

View Full Version : ACE technology

snoopay700
09-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Has anyone run an x-mag with a level 7, and how effective was the eye if you did? Just wondering because i have an idea but i need to see if they are as reliable as breakbeam eyes, because most people seem to favor breakbeam.

Chris Nearchos
09-13-2008, 09:32 PM
personaly i would rather run the lvl 7 bolt with eyes. but others swear by their lvl 10. personally, lvl 7 bolt setup is much easier to work with and gives some better results.

would be interesting to see how your idea would be different.

but already have break beam eye system for Emags: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2563941#post2563941

if you scroll to post #27, you can see the clip of my break beam system in action. also includes pictures ot the setup in the clip.

-Chris

snoopay700
09-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh, no no, this is an idea for my own design, i'm just wondering if the bouncebeam eye in the x-mag was as reliable as breakbeams.

Chris Nearchos
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM
oh oh , my bad. i was taking it the other way around (you wanting break beams in a X mag with the lvl 7)

but the reflective eye has its downfalls (least in the x-mag ace).

- Very finiky and fries very easily
- trouble with dark paint
- always needed to tune the reflective eye for the paint

other then that, its a good eye system.

snoopay700
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
oh oh , my bad. i was taking it the other way around (you wanting break beams in a X mag with the lvl 7)

but the reflective eye has its downfalls (least in the x-mag ace).

- Very finiky and fries very easily
- trouble with dark paint
- always needed to tune the reflective eye for the paint

other then that, its a good eye system.
Hmm, i might have to use breakbeams then....dang it.

Chris Nearchos
09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
dont know what your thinking of doing. but if you need any help, feel free to hit me up.

-chris

snoopay700
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
dont know what your thinking of doing. but if you need any help, feel free to hit me up.

-chris
Just hoping to get a clearer sight down my marker for my design, so i wanted to use a bouncebeam eye so that i wouldn't need eye covers.

Chris Nearchos
09-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Just hoping to get a clearer sight down my marker for my design, so i wanted to use a bouncebeam eye so that i wouldn't need eye covers.

pm coming your way

-Chris

MoeMag
09-13-2008, 11:15 PM
my friends x-mag was set up like that. said the lvl 7 was more efficent.

grEnAlEins
09-13-2008, 11:31 PM
The quality of a reflective eye system depends on the quality of the eye and the board.

You can tune them for most paints with good enough results, at least in my experience.