PDA

View Full Version : Low chrono...

mostpeople
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
What do you guys make of this?

Classic RT valve for starters, chrono's at 255. When I tighten nut little bit of air leaks out the back.. whats the fix for this leak?

Thanks, most..

georgeyew
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
What do you guys make of this?

Classic RT valve for starters, chrono's at 255. When I tighten nut little bit of air leaks out the back.. whats the fix for this leak?

Thanks, most..

Sounds like the regulator piston needs to be replaced.

MournBlade
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Clean the reg piston its o-ring and the area it sits in. Then try again.

athomas
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
When I tighten nut little bit of air leaks out the back.. whats the fix for this leak?

Which nut?

mostpeople
09-15-2008, 01:16 PM
The velocity adjustment in the back, not really a nut but thats what I mean..

mostpeople
09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Which part is the 'regulator piston?'

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5427/xvalveexplodedff7.gif

georgeyew
09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
#25 is the reg piston.

michbich
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
You could try to clean, grease and replace the oring (#24) on the reg piston (#25). If you regrease it, make sure you use non-petroleum grease to prevent from eating the orings. I use plumber's grease.

If it leaks from the back without being over 300fps, chances are, you need a new reg piston.

It does that with old rt valves with a lvlX upgrade. The older reg piston can't reach the higher pressure demanded by the lvlX.

athomas
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes, get a new regulator piston assembly. As mentioned, the older ones can't handle the higher level 10 chamber pressure.

mostpeople
09-15-2008, 05:14 PM
You could try to clean, grease and replace the oring (#24) on the reg piston (#25). If you regrease it, make sure you use non-petroleum grease to prevent from eating the orings. I use plumber's grease.

If it leaks from the back without being over 300fps, chances are, you need a new reg piston.

It does that with old rt valves with a lvlX upgrade. The older reg piston can't reach the higher pressure demanded by the lvlX.

Good catch, this is a classic RT valve with a lvl 10, so you're saying theres no real fix possible for the problem?

MANN
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
iirc they are the same reg pistons. I have a few of them if you end up needing one. If it is venting out the back of the velocity adjustor it is the reg piston.

mostpeople
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Well not having a spare 'piston' around, I did something else, so please tell me if this is wrong before I gas the sucker up!

I had a brand new in box x-valve sitting around, so I unscrewed both the classic RT and the new X-valve back ends and took out the piston from both and replaced the piston from the X onto the RT valve, as well as the spring pack and the back end and screwed it all in. So I essentially transplanted the back end of the X-valve onto the RT. Now from all appearances they look identical, but the X had the new piston so I assume it'll be alright and should work like a champ?

michbich
09-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Good catch, this is a classic RT valve with a lvl 10, so you're saying theres no real fix possible for the problem?

A new reg piston, or go back to a lvl7 bolt. The rt piston is unserviceable. With a classic valve, you can put it in a vice and turn the screw half a turn, with any rt, there is no screw at all so nothing can be done.

About interchanging parts from x to rt... :confused: Do you have a caliper or micrometer? I "assyoume" it will be allright but i don't know. I just checked on the site, there is only the classic and rt piston for sale, so you have no choice to use that one.

MANN
09-20-2008, 08:57 AM
iirc they are the same things.

mostpeople
09-20-2008, 06:30 PM
So whats goin on MANN I haven't heard from you in a while?

And also for anyone who is wondering it worked excellently today!

phizz
09-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I have him busy on a project mwahahaha! :ninja: