PDA

View Full Version : yet another rt problem

k-wall
09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
i'm new to mags and have recently purchased a rt classic off of ebay. i aired it up and there was a major leak out of the barrel. i replaced all the o-rings, used a ridiculous amount of oil and used a spacer kit. still same problem, leaks out the barrel but stops when the trigger is pulled. i had a guy with mag exprience take look at it and he couldn't figure it out either. so i was hopeing someone here had any ideas. thanks.

also i've talked to quite a few people about rt's and they've all said they can be very "particular" , might i suggest a sticky for rt help/questions

secretweaponevan
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
i'm new to mags and have recently purchased a rt classic off of ebay. i aired it up and there was a major leak out of the barrel. i replaced all the o-rings, used a ridiculous amount of oil and used a spacer kit. still same problem, leaks out the barrel but stops when the trigger is pulled. i had a guy with mag exprience take look at it and he couldn't figure it out either. so i was hopeing someone here had any ideas. thanks.

also i've talked to quite a few people about rt's and they've all said they can be very "particular" , might i suggest a sticky for rt help/questions

Leaks down barrel while trigger pulled?
--You have a leak in the on/off.

Leaks down barrel while trigger not pulled?
--You have a leak in the powertube.

Look in your powertube. Something is wrong there.

k-wall
09-15-2008, 07:04 PM
new o-ring and tried all spacers is there anything else in the powertube i should know about

Tunaman
09-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Make sure the trigger rod is not touching the back of the trigger when gassed up. Check the sear for wear and replace the mainspring if worn.