PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave hits AO. ----------> New Body Design

cougar20th
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
AO meet The Shockwave.

The latest design I’ve finished. This time I did a full package. Body, rail & matching Battery pack.

Some 45+ hours for modeling later.

The weight of the body & rail is 8.5 OZ. The rail is Ule milled

It will only be cut on one side for the valve. That is my call. Removing both side destroys the design. But you may be able to specify which side the cut is on. I will leave that up to XMT.

XT Customs will be making them same as the Ripper & Phoenix. Same slug for body & rail.
Look for a PREORDER soon in the dealers section of www.Automags.org

Now for what everyone wants to see.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/shockwave.JPG
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/shockwaveleft.JPG
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/shockwaveright.JPG

SithSteve
09-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Nice job!!! I like how you kept the theme throughout all the pieces.

BigEvil
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
VERY NICE!!

http://funkyheart.com/images/stories/Borat/highfive.gif

bunny5
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
:spit_take Looks awesome!! I like seeing new products come out for AGD stuff!!!! I like the overall design of the marker as well!!! Great to see something in the "metal" instead of CAD drawings.

want to touch the heiny :D

warfinge
09-16-2008, 01:56 PM
That's the sexiest mag I have seen since the first Xmag. I like how the body, rail and battery case all tie into each other so well. The name suites the design too. Now we need some alum grip panels that match the theme ;) Great work Cougar!

TwilightG
09-16-2008, 01:56 PM
:wow:

luke
09-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Very nice! :cheers:

cougar20th
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Now we need some alum grip panels that match the theme ;) Great work Cougar!

That is something I will take into consideration and discuss. No promises. I dont even have a set of emag panels to model. and have never seen the backs so I dont know how complex they are.

Empyreal Rogue
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Reminds me of a stock Ion body.

Hilltop Customs
09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

zazzoo
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
nice kind of reminds me of the old Toxic Matrix's

Warwitch
09-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Stunning work sir. :golf-clap: Man the ano possibilities are shorting out my brain right now. :tard: Get to work Larry!

Way to keep it under wraps for a great unveiling. :bounce:

mr doo doo
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
i really like the design, very nice job.

Dirge
09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
:hail:

afortuna
09-16-2008, 04:57 PM
That feedneck just doesn't match. What a loser.

Just kidding on the loser part! That is nice. I like the detail work around the feedneck itself.

I'm already fighting the itch to get back into the sport for the 3rd time, which the wife would kill me if I did, and that marker doesn't help me stay away.

trevorjk
09-16-2008, 05:03 PM
if i had money, id be sold on this. finally a body that flows through the whole of the gun. best design and conception i have seen to date. IMHO

cougar20th
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Im happy everyone likes it. I put alot of work into it. Its been in the works for awhile as any design is. The whole idea from the start was to make something very differnt from normal automag bodies & eveything flow.

txrabbit
09-16-2008, 05:51 PM
i just made a mess in my shorts. that's beautiful...

BigEvil
09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Gets better every time I see it.

Xmagterror
09-16-2008, 06:27 PM
The feedneck is the only one i have. Its an xmag takeout. I need to order a CCM feedneck for this beast.

Cougar and i make a great team.........3 designs in just over a year! This design has been in the works for a long time. I stayed up til 3AM over the weekend running the body, rail and battery pack.

Its pretty wild to watch the cnc mill transform a slug into a new body design. Thats what i love about machining.....making something cool from a chunk of metal!

on another note......Phoenix bodies are done and instock ready to ship (I have 4 raw bodies)....the rest are on there way to the new anodizer/polisher. My local guy went out of business on me.

watch for the preorder in the dealers section.

Rudz
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
that monds one of those ptp frames

BigEvil
09-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Cougar and i make a great team.........3 designs in just over a year! This design has been in the works for a long time. I stayed up til 3AM over the weekend running the body, rail and battery pack.

AND had time recently to un-fubar an Xmag body for me :headbang:

Its pretty wild to watch the cnc mill transform a slug into a new body design. Thats what i love about machining.....making something cool from a chunk of metal!

Soo nice, even the detents look like they are in the correct location too :ninja: :rofl:

NU_METAL
09-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Um yeah ,....im going to log off now so i can be alone w/ these pics :D ;)

seriously thou ,you told me about this through PM's but ,.....dear god now that i see the pics its like "dang it man" !
nice job guys

jay i wrote you back 2 more time's , i know your PM box is going to blow up so get ready :rofl:

DevilMan
09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I Love It!!!!!

Dm

Smoothice
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/tempted.gif
I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU

PsychoBaller
09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Guess I'll be the first to say, I don't like it.

But kudos to the designer for providing new mill options for das e-mags, and helping keep AGD alive.

-baller

snoopay700
09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Guess I'll be the first to say, I don't like it.

But kudos to the designer for providing new mill options for das e-mags, and helping keep AGD alive.

-baller
That's why i haven't really said anything, i love the idea, i just don't really care fo the design.

kruger
09-17-2008, 12:33 AM
That is something I will take into consideration and discuss. No promises. I dont even have a set of emag panels to model. and have never seen the backs so I dont know how complex they are.

Not complex at all. The electronics are mounted flush with the grip frame. So, the backs of the panels can be flat, or milled out to save weight, your call on this one as well.

cougar20th
09-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Not complex at all. The electronics are mounted flush with the grip frame. So, the backs of the panels can be flat, or milled out to save weight, your call on this one as well.

Cool thats what I was unsure of. I know other grips like most of my spyder stuff is cut in the back.

warfinge
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I think once a shockwave is finished with decent Ano, a lot of people are going to be wanting one. I think the picture doesn't do it justice because the frame and the feed adapter break up the lines by not matching. Can't wait to see a finished project. Selling stuff off now Cougar ;)

Maghog
09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I really liked the phoenix design, but this one doesn't do it for me at all. It's very hard to make an organic design work with geometric shapes, and this looks like the two have just clashed.
Well the way it looks, we'll be having more of your stuff to look at soon, and I look forward to it.
Dan@Triggernomics

Xmagterror
09-18-2008, 12:14 PM
This design looks great in person. I love how the battery housing flows into the rail and body. Cougar did a hell of a job.

Avianrave
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I wish I still had photoshop on this computer, I would try out some designs.

The body looks great, makes me wish I had the money to spend on it.

MaxPowers
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Very impressive. I have been looking to buy a chord recently but with no luck. I think I found my gun.