JohnBmx
01-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Im just doin it for the poll

Bluntman
01-24-2002, 08:25 PM
I'm suprised nobody said boomstick.

nutz
01-24-2002, 09:41 PM
bluntman: boomsticks arent worth $110 in my opinion and u can see that by how many ppl voted for it...

John: the best mag barrel in my opinion is the CP barrels wether is is the classic one piece or the 2 pc they are both great barrels especially for their price...

deded
01-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Bluntman
I'm suprised nobody said boomstick.

I said boomstick, I love mine... It really sucks to clean when you chop or break, but I've been having like 0 breaks and chops lately.

I heard that freaks don't have a super shiny finish on the inside, but have never shot one... so I really wouldn't know. The only advantage (though it is a big one) of a freak over a boomstick is the variable bore size. I pretty much only shoot marbs and big ball, both of which fit really well in my boomer, so I don't really need a variable bore size.

Anyway, thats just my opinion, and I may end up getting a freak at some point, but for now I'll use the $200 I could spend on a freak to buy more paint that fits in my boomstick! ;)

Hysperion
01-25-2002, 10:25 AM
The boomy is the best looking, best performing barrel....obviously the freak will perform better with larger bore paint but for marbalizer (.688) which is pretty much all I shoot, the boomy is the best barrel. Is it the best barrel for the money? Probably not but hey that wasn't the question asked.

thecompany
01-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Check out my barrel rant...

http://www.rumbleme.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=35

mountaindud
01-25-2002, 10:50 PM
I did a poll on this before Smart Parts Freak was the winner by a lot of votes. Personally I think all barrels are the same. The Freak is the only unique one in years.

MINIMAGMAN
01-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Autococker vs. Automag - they're really the same performance wise; one just breaks easier, is hard to work with, takes five minutes to change velocity, sucks if you buy the basic model, runs poorly on CO2, is ugly, comes with a worthless 2 inch foregrip, the only good upgrades are a shiny new pin and 3-Way, forces you to use vertical air if you didn't by a bottom line with the already over-priced gun, has a name that is easy to make fun of, and uncomfortable to hold. Other than that they're the same.

ok i know your talking about an autococker, and a mag also runs poorly on c02, and it is very ugly as well in the eyes of others, and there are more upgrades for an autococker than a mag so its not just a pin and a 3-way its much more, and the regular cockers are the best guns to buy cause you can customize to anything you want that will perform better than an over priced one with a fancy milling job...im not trying to put down mags but dont try to put down autocockers... Tom kaye wouldnt like it

Bonx0007
01-26-2002, 02:27 AM
I really like my loud stubby 8" venturi barrel. It rocks!!!

Hysperion
01-26-2002, 09:37 AM
hehe....I thought Freaks only came in that ugly black but I saw one today with a stainless back and a blue front. Now I'm kicking myself in the *** for spending $170 on my boomie.....(It's a shocktech boomie) ....oh well I can afford both :).....

gmag
01-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Where did that come from? This thread is about barrels.

MINIMAGMAN
01-26-2002, 04:24 PM
someone put that in they're sig so when i was reading this post i came accross it and felt like addressing it there :P

AutoMaggot
01-26-2002, 04:28 PM
dont waste your time with anything other than a Freak system... you'll never worry about barrels again... I have a 16" Stinless-backed blue-tipped Freak on my STO and it shoots phenominally well!

justin_j
01-26-2002, 07:53 PM
my AA is the best shooting barrel that i own yes i have a boomy and no i don't have a freak