PDA

View Full Version : Filters and Flatline

Lone Gunman
01-24-2002, 06:09 PM
I was thinking about getting a filter that fits in between the SCUBA tank and my Flatline, I think it is called The Guardian by AKA. I was wondering if these were any good?

And if I choose not to get one, how hard would it be to change all the o-rings and stuff that would be damaged by a dirty SCUBA tank.

virus
01-24-2002, 09:06 PM
well... if you are gettin your scuba tank fill from a dive shop then you are getting breathing quality air, which is as clean as you will find.....

it has to be that way from a scuba shop, i belive there are either fed and or state guidelines pertaining to how dive shops must maintain the equipment used for filling tanks so that there are not any polutants or contamination of any kind that could cause equipment failure or breathin problems for a diver....

in otherwords if it is filled at a dive shop dont worry about a filter....

just make sure you keep your fill station clean and you should be set

BlackVCG
01-25-2002, 01:17 AM
virus said about everything that needed to be said.

The only other thing I'd like to add is that you can prolong the life of your HPA system seals and keep its performance up by using a fill nipple cap. The ones that are like quick disconnects with the top closed off work great.

The only time your fill nipple should be uncovered is when you're getting it filled. This will keep dirt out of the system that can get in there when you're on the field and then get the tank filled, which will blow the dirt into the system.