PDA

View Full Version : So...what happen'd to the Roller Trigger?

bunny5
09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
AO: I remember when AGD was coming up with the design/release of this item and this old picture got me thinking.....

What ever happen'd to the roller trigger? Does anyone use one anymore??

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/xmag2.jpg

snoopay700
09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I haven't ever actually seen one of those on a marker, but i doubt anyone uses one. People shut down raking pretty bad.

Chronobreak
09-18-2008, 11:01 AM
there was little to no interest

people said they wanted em, WWA made some and they sat around forever...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/mag2.jpg

if you look closely you can see it on the trigger, it doesnt do anything but it looks cool

snoopay700
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM

if you look closely you can see it on the trigger, it doesnt do anything but it looks cool
That's not true, if the trigger pull is light enough you can rake it for high speeds. Dunno if a ULT would be light enough though.

B-Pow
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM

That marker is ugly....

give it to me. :D

questionful
09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I guess I haven't been around AO long enough. . . :rofl:

About the triggers. I don't think they're cool enough to be worth what I think they might cost. Anyone know what they used to cost new?

Tunaman
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
No flaming or I shut you all down. Grow up boys. Get on with life.

DevilMan
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
No flaming or I shut you all down. Grow up boys. Get on with life.

Thanx Tuna!!! Was about to say.... This is a Roller Trigger thread. Leave penis issues out of it. Good seeing you post again, even if it's not in the best of threads.

DM

punkncat
09-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Must have gotten pretty heated in here....

Anyway, the roller seemed like a good idea. There was a short amount of time where people thought to "fan" the trigger rather than walk it. This concept would have worked out great for that.

Didn't some manner of ruling make fanning "illegal" in competition? Seems like I vagely remember something about it.

Chronobreak
09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=punkncat]Must have gotten pretty heated in here....

hrm, i do recal something of the sort

if i recall though it was raking triggers which may attribute to the unpopularity and rareness of those as well.

i cant see any event not allowing fanning yet allowing walking

Spider-TW
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I have to add the Y-grip back into the discussion. It seems to me, never having either a Y-grip or a roller trigger, that a roller trigger would work best with a Y-grip, just from the geometry of it all. Is that true?

Hilltop Customs
09-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm kind of confused as the the defs of the types of pulls

raking: finger moves up and down on a double trigger, using the bumps on the trigger to effectively pull the trigger with a vertical movement of the trigger
fanning: releasing hand from grip frame and using a wrist/forearm movement to pull trigger rapidly

is that right?

ive raked a few triggers for fun, but in game I never used that type of pull...it was always too unreliable. On the other hand I used to fan my single trigger classic mag all the time, was hard to produce a constant rof, but it was the fastest I could possibly shoot.

snoopay700
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm kind of confused as the the defs of the types of pulls

raking: finger moves up and down on a double trigger, using the bumps on the trigger to effectively pull the trigger with a vertical movement of the trigger
fanning: releasing hand from grip frame and using a wrist/forearm movement to pull trigger rapidly

is that right?

ive raked a few triggers for fun, but in game I never used that type of pull...it was always too unreliable. On the other hand I used to fan my single trigger classic mag all the time, was hard to produce a constant rof, but it was the fastest I could possibly shoot.
It seems like it's more for the back man as he has to shoot down lanes and stuff, and when Tom first introduced this thing he said that this one guy on one team said that with this no one could run through his line of paint, so i'm assuming that guy was a back man and it's more of a technique for them.

paintball72
09-18-2008, 10:14 PM
whoa that is awsome :headbang: i am definately adding that to the list of parts for my dream mag

rawbutter
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
It seems like lots of guys are starting off their posts with "I seem to remember," so I'm gonna jump on that bandwagon.

I seem to remember that the issue with raking the trigger on roller triggers was the fact that you could actually use two fingers (your index and middle finger pressed together) to rake up and down and effectively double your rate of fire.

Ole Unka Phil
09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I also seem to remember that they all got sold off to one place for resale and I simply cannot recall who it was bought the left overs. I had one for just a short while to try out. Didn't much care for it.