PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene

Alienation
09-18-2008, 05:32 PM
So I'm new to the whole mag scene and I just picked up what I believe is a 68 classic mag? (correct me if i'm wrong)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hacman01/IMG_1617.jpg

I was just wondering what would be the best upgrades to do to it that will keep it classic and not over the top. I would like a lvl10 but do you not have to upgrade the valve for that?

michbich
09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes, a left powerfeed automag.

About upgrades, i would play with it the way it is first. Then figure out what you like and dislike about it.

As for the lvlx bolt, You do not need to upgrade anything. You just drop it in, fine tune it and you'Re ready to go.

Alienation
09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I like the way it is, but is it worth it to get the x-valve for the faster recharge? I only play recball and I don't find it slow or anything, I love it, just would like a few less chops.
And what do you mean about fine tuning?

questionful
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
If I were you I'd just keep it like that and buy another mag. Classics and RT's are very different guns really.

michbich
09-18-2008, 05:49 PM
IMO, it's not worth starting to buy big upgrades like an xvalve.

About fine tuning a lvlx, you need to find the right carrier, the right spring and shims. I found a lvlx install on youtube, it was very helpfull.

Alienation
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Questionful;

Explain how they are different guns?

Michbich;

I will definetly check it out on youtube, because I am thinking about buying another mag since I love this one so much.

questionful
09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
The RT's speed lends itself to a different style of play. That and classics aren't really worth a lot of upgrades. For example, pneu-ing a classic can cost more than the classic itself. I would love to own a classic mag, and will buy one as soon as I'm not broke, but IMO a classic should stay a classic. If you want to upgrade a mag, you might as well just start with an RT of some sort.

Alienation, check out my youtube channel. Check out my playlists and my favorites for tons of mag videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/questionful

secretweaponevan
09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
For that mag I would just get a LVL 10 bolt kit and be done with it.

A classic with LVL 10 is one of the best mech's on earth.

Whee McGee
09-19-2008, 12:11 PM
What others have said. Any upgrades you choose aside from the lvl 10 would be cosmetic and on a completely personal basis. Once you get that lvl 10, you're good to go.

Spider-TW
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Sled's starting in the same position. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235237)

I like the RT on/off in the classic for trigger pull. Consider your choice of "hoppa" (too much Arnold lately). Force feeders help a lot and you may end up with one eventually anyway.

Check out the stickies in the tech and paintball talk forums for basic valve and bolt info. What gas source will you be using?

Welcome!

Alienation
09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I have an empire reloader 2 and for air I'm using a PE 68/45.
Does the RT on/off just make it a lighter trigger pull?
And also should I cut the powerfeed or will that not really do much besides make the hopper like 2" shorter?

michbich
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
The rt on-off makes the trigger pull lighter, some people like it, some people don't. Cutting the feed will lower the hopper, that's all. Again, i recommend playing with it the way it is a few times to get a feel of the marker before modding it.