PDA

View Full Version : Retro valve and Intellifeed on classic mag.

smoke63b
09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I just bought a Retro valve and an intellifeed for my all stock, classic mag. Will this grip and valve just drop right in? I eventually plan to get build a 2nd mag with ULE and all that jazz but for now just wanted to give the retro valve a try.
Is the Retro valve basically the same thing as an X-valve but the x-valve is just the lighter material?
Will I need to do any tweaking or adjusting to anything when I drop these 2 parts in?

Just trying to be prepared ahead of time for any issues there may be since I'd like to be able to run both of these on my mag this coming Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any and all info you can give me!

secretweaponevan
09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
As long as it isn't a Classic RT valve it will fit.
Yep, same thing as an X but just slightly heavier.

The intelliframe will bolt on any mag except a Classic RT.

Have fun!

michbich
09-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I just bought a Retro valve and an intellifeed for my all stock, classic mag. Will this grip and valve just drop right in?

If it's not a classic rt valve like Evan said, it will drop right in. The easy way to see if it's a classic RT is to see where it's air intake is located. If the intake is in the rail, it's a classic RT. If it's on the valve itself, it's the "normal" valve. Chances are, it's a regular RT, since I haven't seen many classic RT valves for sale by themselves.

About the intelli, does it have wings on the top of the frame or is it flat? If it's flat, it will be compatible with most rails. If it has wings, it will be compatible with classic rails only.

I eventually plan to get build a 2nd mag with ULE and all that jazz but for now just wanted to give the retro valve a try.
Is the Retro valve basically the same thing as an X-valve but the x-valve is just the lighter material?

Exacly the same but lighter.

Will I need to do any tweaking or adjusting to anything when I drop these 2 parts in?

I'm going to go with no, but maybe their will be. If you do need tweaking, it will be minor. Maybe the lvl X if you have one, maybe trigger rod.

Just trying to be prepared ahead of time for any issues there may be since I'd like to be able to run both of these on my mag this coming Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any and all info you can give me!

Pics of your actual mag, RT valve and intelli would get you much better answers. I can try to help you, but without knowing exacly what you have, i'm going in all directions to cover everything instead of pinpointing the actual answers.

Spider-TW
09-22-2008, 01:16 PM
If you don't know where the retro valve has been, it may need cleaning and/or orings. You might at least drop some oil in the on/off and input connection when you put the valve in.

smoke63b
09-23-2008, 03:21 PM
It's a brand new ReTro Valve. Not an RT valve.

The rail I have is the classic automag rail and I think the intellifeed is the one made for that rail. I don't have them with me or I'd shoot pictures. At that point I'll just put em together and find out for myself :D