PDA

View Full Version : Shot counter resetting?

GRimm
09-23-2008, 12:16 AM
So I just got my E-mag and let me say I love it. I noticed one thing though, the total shot counter was at zero which seemed realy strang because it is supposed to store your total shots. I didnt think much of it since the gun works great in both mech and electronic. I put some shots on it and it was keeping track on the TS just fine until the battery died. After I charged it up again i checked the total shot counter and guess what, back to zero.

So I put some more shots on the TS and removed the battery while it was still charged to see if it reset, but it didnt. Is there something that could cause the board to reset or something if the battery dies? Or is there a battery on the board that may be dead?

Thx for any help guys.

Ruler_Mark
09-23-2008, 09:35 AM
If the battery drops below a certain voltage the memory will clear. There is an on-board capacitor that will hold the memory for a period of time after the battery has been removed.

gimp
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
What version is the software? The old software would reset the total shot counter a lot. It seemed pretty random though. My emag still has the 1.35 version and it resets a lot.

GRimm
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I guess I was misinformed, I was told it stored the memory on the board like a memory card for a video game system. It has 1.37 on it, I guess i'll just keep it charged then.

Thx for the help :cheers: