PDA

View Full Version : extreme and ace pricing

DA_DMX
01-24-2002, 09:39 PM
ok how much are the extreme goin to be with the ace because everyone rips on angels for being expensive but i mean the sfl is 1450 and i am in high school and work at kfc which sucks i was wondering if the extremes will be cheaper because i am poor and i will prolly have to get rid of my mag which is my baby. hey if anyone is interested it is the tightest set up anywhere i have a drop the puts the butt of my tank right to the back of my frame and intelli frame very sexy gun

ben_JD
01-24-2002, 10:02 PM
I don't have any firm information, but I don't see how the Extreme can cost as much as the SFL. Don't know what kind of price-break we will see, but I think there will be at least some "discount" under the SFL.

FooTemps
01-24-2002, 10:29 PM
I think the extreme w/ ace is the same price as the extreme w/o ace... If you buy an sfl now you'll get the ace upgrade for free...

Bad Dave
01-25-2002, 03:13 AM
I know the extreme goes for 925 pounds sterling, this converts to roughly 1300 bucks I imagine (not straight conversion, but allowing for tax etc.)

From what I have heard the upgrade will be free but if you wait another month maybe two it should come stock.

BlackVCG
01-25-2002, 03:35 AM
The production Xtreme's will come with ACE stock. I believe all current Xtreme's and SFL's will be upgraded with the ACE at no charge. But then again, I'm not sure if all of the Xtreme's and SFL's have the recessed area milled into the body for the ACE. They are holding off on production of ALL Xtreme's right now to finalize the gun and make sure all of the changes that are being made get fully incorporated into the design of the gun.

I LOVE MAGS !
01-25-2002, 05:48 AM
are they gonna make the ace for the mag classic ? and if so how much is it gonna b ?

Load SM5
01-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
But then again, I'm not sure if all of the Xtreme's and SFL's have the recessed area milled into the body for the ACE.

I wondered about that, too. I took apart my SFL and if I have it right the SFL's already have a substantial place available for the ACE electronics where the battery wires are hooked up in the grip frame. It looks like a small amount of milling will still have to be done to the body itself. Shocktech did a lovely job of removing weight from wherever they though they could get away with it. They even shaved down the dovetail mount for the battery so there's only about an inch of actual dovetail left.

Hysperion
01-25-2002, 09:38 AM
My opinion on the milling is that they should've made the gun look cool and leave the weight because that would of made the gun more durable. If you (as in the buyer of a gun) can't hold the gun you shouldnt be spending 2k on your setup anyways. Just me .02....Whos to say the gun won't fall apart because they removed too much weight?

headcase
01-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Hysperion
My opinion on the milling is that they should've made the gun look cool and leave the weight because that would of made the gun more durable. If you (as in the buyer of a gun) can't hold the gun you shouldnt be spending 2k on your setup anyways. Just me .02....Whos to say the gun won't fall apart because they removed too much weight?

But who's saying it will fall apart? From what I've seen of the SFL's, there is more than enough metal left on them. The most milled markers ever have to be the BPS Twister 'cockers, and none of those have ever been broken by playing with them.

Hysperion
01-25-2002, 10:31 AM
I didn't say it would fall apart I just said that it is always a possibility and that the percent weight they cut off the whole setup is really low anyways so they could've just milled it so it looks great which it does......

Load SM5
01-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hysperion
If you (as in the buyer of a gun) can't hold the gun you shouldnt be spending 2k on your setup anyways. Just me .02

I assume you are'nt talking about me directly. I did'nt buy the gun because my current e-mag was too heavy. That was just a bonus.
Sorry you're not happy with you're SFL, you got a got a bad one. But I assure you EVERY company lets one slip by. It just happens. Sorry it happened to you.