PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave Goes UNIBODY!!!!!BETTER PRICES

Xmagterror
09-25-2008, 10:37 AM
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/shockwave.JPG

Cougar and myself both put a ton of time into the Shockwave body. The preorder didnt generate enough orders to make a batch. I feel the reason for lack of sales is the price. Its not possible to lower the price if i sell the design on a rail/body design because ive got ton of machining operations, setups and time into making a batch.

I decided to make the shockwave into a unibody design. Cougar and i both talked about this months ago when he was working on the design and we already have the CAD file.

The unibody will feature....

-Provisions for mounting a foregrip
-Threaded for dual angel detents
-Angel feedneck threads
-Ule milling on the bottom
-Accepts either E-mag or RT pro sear
-ACE option

I have decided to only offer bodies in raw now........its best to just get your complete gun done all at once so it will match.

Price will be $250 and battery pack milling will be $25. I am pricing battery pack milling seperate because not everyone will use these on an emag.

ETA......whenever i get the time to knock the 1st batch out. Preorder amount down will only be $25 on these.

tech-chan
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice.... For that price I may have to give in.

Loguzzzzzz
09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I liked it either way and consider me on the list which ever way you go. I will want the battery pack milling too.

:cheers:

Loguzzzzzz
09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
As another note.....

I bet the Unibody design will look even better without the small break line at the rail.

I can't wait to see one. :hail:

snoopay700
09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I was wondering why no one did this sooner.

kurtisqpublic
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Any chance to get one of these that will work with a classic RT?

sffudapparel
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
still not 100% sold on the design, but I'm definitely interested. Can't wait to see one!

bunny5
09-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Makes a ton of sense to do this compared to do the rail+body!! Hope this will spark some more interest for you!!

Twistedpsyche
09-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Pics aren't working for me. :(

Ruler_Mark
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
if you only made one warp left :(

jay8541
09-25-2008, 02:33 PM
put me down for one

Swiss Cheeze
09-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Is this a possibility on this one? Just take the top hole design and move it to the left. That would be sweet.

if you only made one warp left :(

DevilMan
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I really dig it, but as I asked in the PM... what would be the chance of getting a grip frame milled to match?

And do we need to send a battery pack in to you to get milled with the rest of it??? I'm thinking not as they will all mate up the same, but I do have a spare set of Emag lowers that I'd like to put on this setup.

Great work guys!!!

DM

cougar20th
09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
devilman: my bad I forgot to forward that to xmagterror. Its been a screwy month for me.

DevilMan
09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Cougar man... it's no worries. It's all alright and I know that folks have life outside of here. You take it easy and hopefully it will pan out for ya.

Thanx for what you and XMag have done so far.

DM

manwe33
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
my 2 cents. the back end on this gun looks bad i mean really bad. It does not flow over the valve very good. I love the front end alot. You did a great job there. I would like to see something done with the back end. Also i love the idea of a unibody

Toll
09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Needs more pictures for me to commit

Chris Nearchos
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
here is a general question about the unibody setup.

anychance you would be willing to sell a "slug" version of a unibody? and have it without any feed tube milled into it? (that way it cen be milled/tapped for any feedtube and can be milled/tapped for either warp or vert)

-Chris

going_home
09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Any chance we can see a finished product unibody Shockwave ?
I'm interested in seeing how a foregrip will attach .
And also how the ule'd bottom will look with a mech grip on it.
I'm just not seeing how ULE milling on the bottom will be hidden.

You didnt say but I'm assuming the bodies will come polished ?

So lots of questions that some pics of an actual unibody Shockwave would answer.

;)

flyingpootang
09-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I'll take one....Please pm me when you need the down payment...

p8ntbal4me
09-25-2008, 08:17 PM
You have a PM

~ P8nt

cougar20th
09-26-2008, 06:48 AM
more pictures are here. This is the body/rail. The unibody will look the same except the splitline is gone. http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235202

A prototype is still a bit away. Im moving this week & donthave time to run thru all the little last minute tweaks that are alway needed/wanted.

my best guess on forgrip mounting would be to slot & recess the front same as current. Just do it from the top were the barrel goes. This is not confirmed yet.

the valve side of the gun doesnt flow like I would have liked due to the valve cutout. That is why it is only cut on one side. The cutcuts are among the last things I add to the 3d

fsrxc1
09-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Keith you do sick work:)

Xmagterror
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I will post a pic of the prototype when i get it done. just gotta get it done. Winter is coming and im busy building my furnace for the shop..

Jay

luke
09-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey XMT, what mill are you using to machine the bodies you've made?

Stayhuge
09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Will these be offered in any anno'd colors? Even at a higher price?

Xmagterror
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I am using a 4 axis mazak cnc mill.

The bodies will only be sold raw. You can polish the body yourself with a $20 polishing kit from sears that goes onn your bench grinder, and will take about an hour of your time.

Loguzzzzzz
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Bump!

This needs to be on the front page!

:headbang:

Chris Nearchos
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
here is a general question about the unibody setup.

anychance you would be willing to sell a "slug" version of a unibody? and have it without any feed tube milled into it? (that way it cen be milled/tapped for any feedtube and can be milled/tapped for either warp or vert)

-Chris

still wondering and waiting for an answer....

-Chris

Xmagterror
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
still wondering and waiting for an answer....

-Chris

to early to answer that question.....anything is possible at this point in the project. Shoot me a PM

Chris Nearchos
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
oh i see how it is. I give you nice half complicated work to do and also give you the girl of your dreams and you this is how you repay me?.....with great mysterious words in whish it sounds like i will be owing hte rest of my life too?

lol

i'll get back to you on this later this weekend then......but what if i was to ask for a body with the feed coming out the buttom?

-Chris

Xmagterror
10-04-2008, 03:37 PM
oh i see how it is. I give you nice half complicated work to do and also give you the girl of your dreams and you this is how you repay me?.....with great mysterious words in whish it sounds like i will be owing hte rest of my life too?

lol

i'll get back to you on this later this weekend then......but what if i was to ask for a body with the feed coming out the buttom?

-Chris

I would ask you if you plan on holding the gun upside down or something! LOL We can talk about that soon. shoot me a PM.

Chris Nearchos
10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I would ask you if you plan on holding the gun upside down or something! LOL We can talk about that soon. shoot me a PM.

nope, for the use of a warp inline with the body. but i will get details to you later.

-Chris

cougar20th
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I wanted to keep this subject fresh & give a update.

Update from me about cad files.

I have been the delay to getting the prototypes done.

We found a problem with the CAD that I had to fix. I also moved at the beginning of the month.

The unibody cad was originally done just to see if I could merge that complex a design from body/rail to unibody & have it work. Thus it was never finished 100%. I learned what I needed to.

Since I had to work on the file I decided to rework some stuff. Nothing that changes the look or feel of the design. I made changes to make it look like the way it should as a unibody.

I refuse to give AO a design that looked like we slapped the rail & body together to throw something out the door. I wanted it to be the best it can be.

All that being said Im almost done with the Cad files.

Dirge
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Can't wait to see it!

p8ntbal4me
10-10-2008, 10:42 PM
You guys did a great job on this design.

I only wish I had a battery pack to send you so I could have the entire setup as one piece.

I really like this design,...... my favorite so far.

~ P8nt

LanceRodman17
10-21-2008, 06:30 PM
That body looks great, can't wait to see the prototype!

Chris Nearchos
10-29-2008, 07:38 AM
whats the status of this project?

also, XT --> still waiting to hear back on my current project of mine yoru doing and the other one that is lined up. please let me know asap.

-Chris