PDA

View Full Version : Question for Rob: drilling revvy shell

Lord Vader
01-25-2002, 12:33 AM
Hey Rob,

You said you used a 1" hole saw to drill the hole in your rev for your warp hose. I am getting an AGD warp and want to do the same. I understand you have a PTP warp. Would I still use a 1" hole saw, or a 3/4", since that is the size of the AGD warp hose from what I understand.

BlackVCG
01-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Rob has AGD Warps and only uses the AGD gray hose. Use a 1" hole saw and it will fit fine.

joeyjoe367
01-25-2002, 01:28 AM
I have this funky black hose, Is that PTP shtuff? Would i have to cut it larger/smaller?

Lord Vader
01-25-2002, 01:42 AM
My bad, I was referring to your minimag, Black. Hey, is that a PTP mount or an AGD mount? Cuz I'd really like to have my warp parallel to my marker like that.

Edit: Also, what kind of drop is that? Stock flatline? I have my flatline on a shocktech via a dovetail adapter; would that work?

BlackVCG
01-25-2002, 02:50 AM
The black hose is the new AGD hose. I haven't seen if it's any larger than the gray hose. You can always drill out the hole bigger if it doesn't fit 1".

I have the stock AGD bracket with a hole drilled in it so it sets the bracket 90 degrees off the grip frame. The drop on my MiniMag is the Benchmark Flatline sleeve and Center Drop. Here is just the cradle.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Misc_/FL_Sleeve.JPG

BlueMagRT
01-25-2002, 09:43 AM
the new black hosde on the warp feed is actually a smaller outside diameter, is a lot more flexible. it requires three o-rings per end to friction fit the hose into the adapters. they should come with the warp when you buy it.

joeyjoe367
01-25-2002, 10:53 AM
BlackVCG, could you possibly post a picture of your Warp Bracket?

I'd like to see exactly where you've drilled that hole.

Thanks

BlackVCG
01-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't have a picture of the bracket and I can't take a picture because I don't have my gun with me. What you can do is put on the bracket with just the rear screw holding on the bracket and your cradle. Then swing the bracket so it's perpindicular to the frame and take something sharp to scribe through the hole in the cradle to mark where the screw hole needs to be drilled. Then drill your hole and put it on the gun and make sure it all lines up.

unseenunheard
01-25-2002, 02:13 PM
What you can do is put on the bracket with just the rear screw holding on the bracket and your cradle.
i believe you mean the front screw, the one closest to the barrel. :cool: