PDA

View Full Version : Paintball in Paradise (Maui)

the123
01-25-2002, 01:58 AM
Well, a week after my trip to beautiful Maui and I have these things to share with you all.
First, I want to thank AO member Maui PFB for his wonderful paintball hospitality.
Now on to the paintball.
There are 2 ways to play ball in Maui, organized or renegade. Now we all know renegade paintball is not the prefered method of going out, but! I had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat.
We did play renegade paintball on the only Sunday I was there. It was me, Maui PFB and my friend Jason and about 25 locals..
I shipped my equipment straight to my hotel. Getting paint wasn't a problem, there are a couple local stores that have supplies, and the one that I DID go to was very helpful and deserves my business if I ever come back. Air was supplied from multiple scuba tanks that are abundant in Maui.
The field, which you'll see in a couple photos, is actually someone's backyard! Big enough for a couple more fields, the 1 field they have is large enough for a good 7 to 10 man tourney. With a wooded theme, it was a lot like playing back home. Except I didn't have to worry about dressing warm ;)
The competiton was very good. Of the 30 or so people there, almost all of them played regularly. A lot of young players with high priced equipment ran around everwhere. You could also hear the tell tale sound of FA every now and then from an electro on the field. there were around 6 or so Mags on the field, while the rest was a broad mixture of Angels to cockers to spyders. I got a ton of looks on my E-Mag, and I do believe I sold a few of the locals on Warp Feeds.
All in all I had a great time and am counting the days till I get back to that beautiful island.
Brian
Pictures can be seen @:
http://www.cartogra.com/home/viewownerdir.asp?owner_id=762872&owner=the123

Tubby_Ninja
01-25-2002, 02:31 PM
Up for a great story. Lots of cool Mags too!

HyperSnyper
01-26-2002, 03:08 AM

Im glad you had a great experience in Hawaii!

I myself am truly privileged to play here everyday I can get. The sun light is always nice and warm, the breezes are cool and gentle... Just makes you wanna put down gun, walk away from your bunker, kick back and have a Corona... Seriously!

Most of locals here may look intimidating, but dont be fooled. Everyone in Hawaii is very nice. They really spread the Aloha Spirit to visitors whenever they get the chance (just dont expect any Aloha if you drive to the wrong dark side of town).

The competition is great here too. We arent negelcted from technology like most think. No we dont have coacoa nut paintball guns, and Palm tree leaf paintball masks, nor do we use canoes to get to work. We have everything ever other state has, Angels, Cockers, Mags, Impulses, etc.

So if you want to kill 2 birds with one stone, have a great family and paintball vacation (or just wanna escape the cold - its still very warm here, it acutally gets hot sometimes in winter), then feel free to come on down to Hawaii. Im sure myself or Maui PFB would be more than happy to help and show you around (if school doensnt get too much in the way).

Aloha...

-Hyper

omni
01-26-2002, 09:05 AM
I'm going out to Hawaii in March, really looking forward to it. I'll be staying on Wikii beach in Honolulu.

Its not paintball related, just a nice get away from Cold a** Canada to that wonderful Island.