PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if...

questionful
09-28-2008, 02:51 PM
What would happen if we all emailed a bunch of online paintball stores asking them to sell AGD stuff? Not all at once, but if they started getting more and more emails about mags, surely someone would take notice.

tech-chan
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
They wouldnt sell a single mag because they are so expensive (new). I bought the last mag my shop had the other day that has been hangin on the wall for as long as I've been coming in there. 7 years. And they say it was hanging there before then too.

georgeyew
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
What would happen if we all emailed a bunch of online paintball stores asking them to sell AGD stuff? Not all at once, but if they started getting more and more emails about mags, surely someone would take notice.

Asking for them to carry the stuff would not be enough, they will need to be sure that they can sell them.

luke
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM

Why does it matter?

BigEvil
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone else notice there are more and more items out of stock in the AGD online store? There might not be a point of emailing anyone to carry AGD products.. :confused: :(

Beemer
09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone else notice there are more and more items out of stock in the AGD online store? :(

WHAT??? There is Still an online store? Cant be, I heard they went out ten years ago. :ninja:

Ruler_Mark
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
WHAT??? There is Still an online store? Cant be, I heard they went out ten years ago. :ninja:

ten? I thought it was a hundred. :ninja: :ninja:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
09-28-2008, 10:52 PM

yea man, agd is going out of business!

grEnAlEins
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Guys... The Academy of General Dentistry is still in operation. It is not going under now or in the future. Their website agd.org is still up.

http://www.agd.org/

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
lol well to get back on topic i don't think those emails would mean anything to a business owner. the markers that each individual website or store sell just fine. our emails hinting at the potential demand aren't going to be enough for them to stock em.

snoopay700
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Guys... The Academy of General Dentistry is still in operation. It is not going under now or in the future. Their website agd.org is still up.

http://www.agd.org/
OH THANK MICHAEL JACKSON!

I was worried for a second, i thought they were going out of business. Now then, i think i should start worrying about Airgun Designs going out of business, i've been hearing whispers of it for a while.

grEnAlEins
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I heard that K2 was gonna pull a B&B. You know, buy and bastardize... oh wait :confused: :p

Hilltop Customs
09-29-2008, 01:06 AM
emails dont matter to businesses....$$$'s do.

I'm happy with the places we have to buy from now. Just buy from businesses who have AGD products to keep them stocking AGD stuff :hail:

mostpeople
09-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Anyone else notice there are more and more items out of stock in the AGD online store? There might not be a point of emailing anyone to carry AGD products.. :confused: :(

like what?

I did a quick scan of stuff and couldn't find anything out of stock?

BigEvil
09-29-2008, 04:05 AM
like what?

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=137&categoryID=24

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=150&categoryID=24

Sanchito
09-29-2008, 06:16 AM
like what?

uh, just about everyting worth buying. the only thing the do carry is rebuild kits and small parts. and i can get all that used here for cheaper.

since they started pushing the X valve, they dont even sell the other valves anymore.

Spider-TW
09-29-2008, 08:14 AM
since they started pushing the X valve, they dont even sell the other valves anymore.
I've thought about this often since the classic valve disappeared earlier this year. It's hard to blame them. I love the stainless valves as tough, shiny machines that work well (I aired up AGDRetro's old minimag valve on my new CO2 setup last night), but how much of a high-end CO2 market is there? What's left is mostly stock class and the automag has a hard time competing with its efficiency. In the HPA market, the x-valve smacks it down hard on weight, performance and appearance (anno).

I built an old minimag configuration CO2 gun for tinkering around at scenarios, but if the team says that something needs to be taken, the x-valve will come out every time.

And how often do you use a rebuild kit? Even level 10 orings last me a year or two (especially when you are shooting more than one mag).

I do wish AGD would come out with their 'own' clamping feedneck of some sort or sell the ULE body without one.

Online stores seem to have plenty of warp feeds. :confused: Do they sell that well compared to other AGD stuff?

Jaan
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
They wouldnt sell a single mag because they are so expensive (new). I bought the last mag my shop had the other day that has been hangin on the wall for as long as I've been coming in there. 7 years. And they say it was hanging there before then too.7 years ago was probably the last time my local store sold a 'Mag. Even 10 years ago they weren't selling that many. It's not that my local guy doesn't like them, quite the contrary, but he's gotta stay in business too.

Old School 626
09-30-2008, 08:39 AM
This approach would be reminiscent of the way the Rock Star energy drink got it's foothold.

The way the story has been told to me was that *a person* would go into a liquor store and negotiate his way into getting the drink in the cooler by giving it to the store for free "just to see if it sold" and then another person that was also on the payroll would come in and buy all of the product and rave about how great the product was and how hard it was to find and how they'd come to buy the product in the future if the store stocked it to make the store owner think there was this huge potential demand out there and lure the store owner into placing an order for product.

So how do y'all think we can apply that to mags?

questionful
10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
AGD's minimum order, according to their site, is like $100 or something like that. If I were a business owner, and my staff told me of an increase in emails about a product I didn't stock, I would at least look into it.
This is in our interest because with more money, AGD could come out with new products. I'm fine with automags as they are, but I know new AGD products will be awesome no matter what. Besides, emailing people doesn't take enough effort to not do it because you think it won't work.

We do not have any plans to currently, but I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jon-Paul
Critical Paintball

Do you think criticalPB might deal any AGD stuff in the future? It would
be
cool if I could buy an automag from you. You don't offer any high end
mechs.
Just wondering,
-Diego

WARPED1
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Nothing. The only customers AGD has are here on AO, and a few random people.

Chronobreak
10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
some online stores have been known to pick up custom third party things, like agd and karta mags

or a batter example is actionvillage and killa products.

maybe one of these custom guys can get some custom parts in an online store, and that would help justify carrying valves, frames, etc

actionvillage has done a decent job of offering mag parts

last i checked they had a few warps, rebuild kits and an x-valve in the listings, probly few other minor things