PDA

View Full Version : Redneck/Hillbilly vehicle options/mods

Papa_Smurf
09-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I am just curious as to what strange things you guys have seen on a car or truck.

I live in colorado, there is a guy out towards franktown that has a log for a front bumper on his dodge pickup...
We have all seen the longhorns on the hood, that's up there for sure. Stuff like that.

So, what have you seen?

Hilltop Customs
09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
truck bed made out of 2x4's and plywood.....cant really call it bad or ugly though, it was really nice, even had step sides

Ruler_Mark
09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
mexican manican in the grill of this one f450 that had a lift kit on it. Quite retarded since the person would have to jump to get whacked by the grill.

sandfreestyle
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I once saw a guy with dirt bike handlebars as a steering wheel.

michbich
09-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Wing made of 2x4 on a 89 Cavalier.

Hilltop Customs
09-29-2008, 09:09 PM

hey I have dirt bike handle bars on my sportbike, dont knock it till you try it :cool:

Papa_Smurf
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM

My tractor has dragster/fueler steering handles...

sandfreestyle
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
hey I have dirt bike handle bars on my sportbike, dont knock it till you try it :cool:
I wish I had dirt bike bars on my R1. They ride so much nicer.

sandfreestyle
09-29-2008, 09:21 PM
My tractor has dragster/fueler steering handles...
Moving a mound of dirt a quarter mile at record times

neppo1345
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
We had a family in my home town hack off the back roof of a mid 90's Chrysler voyager so they could use it as a truck...

Picture below is not of the same van, but gives you the general idea...

http://daddytypes.com/archive/convertible_minivan.jpg

maxama10
09-30-2008, 02:16 AM
theres some good cutstom fab suspension out there on the net :ninja:

I've seen a scout 80 with a custom plywood cab converted into a truck

Seen a short bus with the top chopped to make it a truck

heard about a friends older brother making a bumper consisting of a rail road tie and lots of channel iron

me and my friend added a ghetto skid plate we welded up to his old chevy citation 2 to cover up the tranny pan. We also had to weld a hole in the tranny pan shut because we used it to hunt in and tore a hole in it.

someone cut out pieces of aluminum and riveted them to my Scout Traveler to add an extra set of tail lights

they did the same thing with aluminum and used self tap screws to install several different guages into the dash of the scout murdering the original dash

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o179/maxama10/DSC00940.jpg

my shop teacher dropped a detroit 4 cyl diesel (2 stroke) into his originally 460 gas 90's ford 350

we put an international navi star from a ford into a bale wagon that still doesn't run/work dunno if that counts

I think someone on here (probably billybob) was using an old truck to power their log splitter thats kind of redneck cool

Edit: friend used to lift up the front of his truck via a forklift to change the tire

then the tractor ball 1 link suspension is pretty sweet/redneck

maxama10
09-30-2008, 02:23 AM
here is the citation http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=184378653&albumID=184391&imageID=14480593

then he has a 400 Yamaha big bear and he cracked the frame in 6 spots and we had to weld it back together

oh and he converted the smog pump to go back into the air cleaner as a makeshift wannabe super charger on the citation

edit: I think the plate around speedo is actually galvanized someting or other, not even aluminum!

edit: he also disconnected the locking mechanism in the parking brake so that we could drift around dirt roads :tard: yeah we're smart...

edit: I'm sporting homemade light bar (which turned out well) and a homemade bed box made of angle iron and galvanized sheet

functional but looks like crap