PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about my "newly acquired" mag.

Head Hunter 221
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I bought this mag a few months ago, it is a PTP Micromag that is pretty much stock, but I haven't really had the time do do much more than shoot it out in the backyard. I took it to the field soon after I bought it and noticed that it was having recocking issues, as in the bolt wouldn't return fully and it wouldn't shoot, I guess the best way to describe it is that it was "sticking" in the middle of the breech. So I took it to the chrono range to see if maybe upping the velocity would help any, where I discovered that it was hardly shooting over 240 fps at the highest. This led me to believe that it was an issue with the main bolt spring. Any input?
______

The other problem I am facing is that it seems like the sear rod is cut down a considerable amount to use the modified bushy frame that the previous user put on it, well I want to use the stock benchmark frame, and the sear rod just doesn't fit with it, is there some way I can adjust the sear rod to make it work? Or do I need to buy a whole new sear assembly? I'm also interested in getting some wood grips for it, maybe a dark blue or purple, but i can't find much in the bst's, any place where I could get some made?

here is a picture to show how the sear doesn't quite work XD
(my camera ran out of batteries right after I took this, so I couldn't get a closer up showing it in more detail)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/HeadHunter221/Picture004-1.jpg

Spider-TW
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Pretty Micro...

The bolt spring is probably worn; they do that.

I would guess its a level 7 bolt (?).

The sear rod should be screwed into the clevis, but if it was cut down you may need to get a new sear assembly. You can post in the BSTs for a used rod; some people don't reuse them in pneumags.

IDK if that is an aftermarket velocity adjuster, but some of them are cut deep and don't push down far enough on the spring pack. We saw a mag last week that had a power tube spacer under the adjuster to get it up to 280.

I think those are 45 grips, are they not (?), which are all around, and then there's Kruger (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204620)

Head Hunter 221
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure of what bolt it is quite frankly, as far as I know it is completely stock, with the serial #GFX003466, if that helps anyone out.

I guess I will be putting a new sear on my Christmas list of things to get myself :rolleyes:

And yes, they are 45 style grips....which I saw some purple ones of today...but they were the single hole style :(

Of course there is no local place to get that kinda stuff...I hate living in Houston >_<
Guess that's what the internet is for.

athomas
10-01-2008, 04:55 AM
Turn up the velocity first.

You will probably need to replace the bolt spring. They are a consumable item.

Spider-TW
10-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Of course there is no local place to get that kinda stuff...I hate living in Houston >_<
Guess that's what the internet is for.
:) I had actually bumped into Brad Q Nestle a couple of times in his shops around town, years apart. I didn't realize how rare he was until I was reading about getting RT valves milled for the ULT. He was one of the two people mentioned on the AGD website as being qualified to do the work.

When I realized his new shop was not far from my house (any shop would be great, but his had to be the best), my son and I went over just to see what it was like. I didn't see any mags on the wall, it was all new stuff (which was understandable), and most of the parts for the new markers were cosmetic (triggers, bodies, grips). We couldn't talk to Brad because there was a series of five agglets haggling over how much it was going to cost to fill their HPA tank and when they could pick up their marker that 'won't work'. We figured we would come back later.

It was a couple months later when my teammates were talking about the shop being closed for good. :(

Head Hunter 221
10-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Ah, I always go to the Command post off 45 between kuykendahl and airline I think it is...maybe I could get them to order some stuff for me. They have a field there too, so there is always a bunch of little agglets running around, though I say it like I am an older player, when I am only 14, lol :rofl:

I actually have a friend that does custom stocks and stuff for rifles, so I am going to get him to make me some grips :) So that's taken care of.

Spider-TW
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
agg is just a state of mind, usually focused on how much the equipment cost and whether or not it is working at that moment. :)