PDA

View Full Version : What are the inserts on the side of this tac rail?

Spider-TW
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Can anyone tell me if the stainless "hole cover" things on the side of this tac rail come out easily and how deep they are? Are they pressed in or glued in, and if you take them out will they go back in? Thanks!

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_388.jpg

georgeyew
09-30-2008, 10:33 AM
They are glued on. At least mine are. The left side on mine fell off a while back and I used non-permanent Elmers glue to put it back on. The covers are not very thick...thickness of your fingernail maybe.

Spider-TW
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
They are glued on. At least mine are. The left side on mine fell off a while back and I used non-permanent Elmers glue to put it back on. The covers are not very thick...thickness of your fingernail maybe.
Great. Thanks!

FiXeL
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
You have thick nails.... I'm guessing they are about 1/16" thick, and yes made out of stainless sheet metal. (stamped out of)

Sumthinwicked
09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
if yea need em i have em LOL

Spider-TW
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I was worried that they were thick (1/8" or more) and pressed in. I expect you have to take them off to anno.

My "new" rail is very pale, mostly blue rather than black. I can't tell for sure if it was made that way or if it was baked. Even in the factory picture I used above, the rail looks pale compared to the body.

georgeyew
09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
My rail and grip frame is of that blue tint as well. I kind of like it since it is different than other TACs.