PDA

View Full Version : Leaks, Leaks and more (yeah you guessed it)

ilerman
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
OK guys,

I have a (new to me) minimag. I decided to replace the seals and orings and now I have a gun that leaks like crazy. There are leaks coming from between the front and rear sections of the valve/reg despite a new ring and platic spacer that I know is installed properly. I also have leaks when the trigger is pressed despite new rings/seals in the on/off. I just had a new lvl10 kit installed in it at the shop so that should be ok. Finally I have a leak coming out the rear of the reg. when I crank the velocity up but I can't get the sear to engage unless I crank the thing up.

Help me out here. I just got this thing and I have a game on Saturday. My only other gun is at the anno shop so I'm really stuck here.

Thanks

questionful
09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you apply any oil to any of the new seals?

Did the old seals leak? Do you still have them?

Are you extra-double-sure you installed them correctly?

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/automag1.gif

ilerman
09-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah , I went through it again. Found a problem in the on/off. But she is still leaking between the on/off and the pressure regulator. I've tried everythig I can think of, oiling everything up, checking the seals, the on/off spring. What else can I look at?

athomas
10-01-2008, 04:51 AM
When you mention it is leaking between the on-off and the pressure regulator, do you mean it is leaking out between the valve halves? If so, this is the large oring that fits over the threads between the halves. If you put a new level 10 bolt system into an older minimag, it could cause the operating pressure to be higher than the capability of the regulator piston assembly. This would cause leaking out the back at operating pressures. Generally, these need to be upgraded to a new higher pressure one when a level 10 is installed into an older valve.

What plastic spacer are you referring to? There are no plastic spacers in a classic valve. Is it the regulator seat oring? This has to be installed in the correct orientation as well?

ilerman
10-01-2008, 09:00 AM
I didn't think about the operating pressure changing with a lvl10. I've changed the regulator seat and that has helped out when I found a minor problem with the on/off pin and spring. It is leaking slightly out the side of the valve/reg. Right between the two. I changed that oring and oiled the crap out of it but it still has a slight leak. Any ideas???

Spider-TW
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Look for a scratch or dent where the oring seats. Make sure that your big oring is relatively new and pliable. Some of the bargain rebuild kits have been sitting around and the orings can get hard. If you find a scratch or dent and don't know how to fix it, post a pic of it.

Like athomas said, what plastic spacer? Got a pic?

ilerman
10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
The plastic spacer I referred to earlier was the reg. seat (didn't know the proper terminology at the time. I'll look for a dent or scratch but I don't think that is the case. I'm probably going to look around for another oring this afternoon. Does anyone know the size for the large reg. body oring?