PDA

View Full Version : MOTM prize question.

Smoothice
10-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

So obviously MOTM has been prizeless for a while. I've been thinking of putting together a pretty plain sticker to use as a prize.

Here is basically what I am thinking. This is for a jersey I am making so not what I plan on using for the sticker

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/jersey2.jpg

1 marker will represent Open Class.
1 marker will represent Old Skool.

So here are my questions for all of AO.

What is the perfect marker to represent Open Class?

What is the perfect marker to represent Old Skool?

Lets get some ideas and maybe put up a poll later.

Also does anyone know anybody that can score us some cheap nice stickers? It really shouldn't cost too much to get a TON of stickers. Maybe if someone knows someone or is someone we could trade some parts for stickers.

Also if anybody has a great idea for a sticker please post up. Or if you have any tweaks to what I currently have. I just want to get the ball rolling.

:cheers:

BigEvil
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I think I have something in mind for ya....

Use a black silhouette of an Xmag for Open, and a standard mag for classic. Use the hex as the background.

Smoothice
10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes I forgot to mention that. Both pics will be a silhouette.

I was thinking of something a little more exciting then just a classic mag. I don't know.

Hilltop Customs
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
classic rt, like the AGD house painting poster

TwilightG
10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
classic rt, like the AGD house painting poster

Either that or a minimag. The shrouds on both add character :)

murdercrow
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
haha, why not one of the spacemags for open?

Smoothice
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
haha, why not one of the spacemags for open?

got a pic?

Sumthinwicked
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
if you want i can make up some motm stickers and sell em to yea but ill need ideas for the logo

Smoothice
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
if you want i can make up some motm stickers and sell em to yea but ill need ideas for hte logo

Great!! I'll keep that in mind.

How will you print them?

Sumthinwicked
10-01-2008, 03:38 PM
in batches of 100 they will be real stickers plastic ones not paper

Smoothice
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
in batches of 100 they will be real stickers plastic ones not paper

sweet. Once we get a logo together we will get together on pricing. :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
holla when ready

Smoothice
10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
So anybody else have an opinion on what markers best represent Open Class and Old Skool?

Jaan
10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Old school should be what most of us got when we bought out first 'Mag 15 years ago...classic, powerfeed, backbottle, and crown point barrel. The crown point would look especially old school in silhouette.

Open class you should go through the old pictures of the winners, and make a composite of all the most popular parts...center feed ULE body, e-mag etc.

I'm not so sure about stickers though...there's only going to be what, 24 winners each year? Maybe something more unique, like barrel condoms. Those would be a useful prize and a way to show off the marker on the field.

Edit: Please don't make the old school one a pump 'Mag. I'm sorry, but I don't consider that to be old school as far as 'Mags go...'Mags back in the day were really high end semi automatic markers, it's what you replaced your pump with.

Yes, 'Mags are old school, pumps are old school...pump 'mags, not so much. You just didn't see them on the fields back then.

Smoothice
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Old school should be what most of us got when we bought out first 'Mag 15 years ago...classic, powerfeed, backbottle, and crown point barrel. The crown point would look especially old school in silhouette..

When was the last time that kind of mag won MOTM?

Open class you should go through the old pictures of the winners, and make a composite of all the most popular parts...center feed ULE body, e-mag etc.

I agree. I was thinking a Karta emag would probably look pretty cool. Not sure how it would look as a silhouette though.

I'm not so sure about stickers though...there's only going to be what, 24 winners each year? Maybe something more unique, like barrel condoms. Those would be a useful prize and a way to show off the marker on the field.

I agree. But unless you are putting up the money for them I don't see that happening. I know i'm not going to put up the money. Maybe we could start a collection to buy some. I would be all for that.

Sumthinwicked
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
when its decided on a picture or logo or words i can have the barrel condoms made up also LOL shirts jerseys anything you want

Smoothice
10-03-2008, 12:06 AM
when its decided on a picture or logo or words i can have the barrel condoms made up also LOL shirts jerseys anything you want

Well for the sake of argument.

How much for 100 black and white stickers cut into circles?

How much for barrel bags?

Hilltop Customs
10-03-2008, 01:18 AM
IMO barrel condoms with an xmag/sfl mag and classic rt/minimag silhouettes with some AGD logoing would be sick.

Smoothice
10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
IMO barrel condoms with an xmag/sfl mag and classic rt/minimag silhouettes with some AGD logoing would be sick.

So I can count you in on a large charitable donation? ;)

Jaan
10-03-2008, 11:54 AM
When was the last time that kind of mag won MOTM? It's not that a gun like that has won in the past, it's that those are the base that many of the modified "old school" ones start off as. It's the beginning, the very first 'Mags any of us used or saw on the fields. It's where it all began. Nothing would be more recognizably old school to me than a back bottle, crown point classic Automag.

I agree. But unless you are putting up the money for them I don't see that happening. I know i'm not going to put up the money. Maybe we could start a collection to buy some. I would be all for that.How much are we talking about here? I'd be willing to chip in something, as long as I got one for a past win :D

So, let's say 50 barrel condoms for the next 2 years. Can it be done for $3 a piece?

race
12-15-2008, 01:29 AM
i think a jersey would bee a great prize maby a 2.00 dollar entry or 5.00 fee then you could ware it with pride

Hilltop Customs
12-15-2008, 02:03 AM
So I can count you in on a large charitable donation? ;)

Wish I had some cash to donate, but a $10 donation would be 25% of whats in my bank account. Literally. :( Have to rely on some college reimbursements to live till I start work.

On the other hand come up with some simple design like dogtags or something and I could machine it be4 I get out of school. Quantities wouldnt be a problem either. Didnt really like that idea tho since its basically useless compared to barrel condoms....plus barrel condoms=free advertising for AGD ;)

Smoothice
12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Wish I had some cash to donate, but a $10 donation would be 25% of whats in my bank account. Literally. :( Have to rely on some college reimbursements to live till I start work.

On the other hand come up with some simple design like dogtags or something and I could machine it be4 I get out of school. Quantities wouldnt be a problem either. Didnt really like that idea tho since its basically useless compared to barrel condoms....plus barrel condoms=free advertising for AGD ;)

Dogtags? That would be pretty cool in my opinion.

PM me what kind of stuff you are able to do.

At this point anything is better then nothing. AO'ers like free stuff ;)

Rudz
12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Dog tags would be sweet

jade_monkey07
12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
dog tags = win

SummaryJudgement
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
got a pic?

Actually, I kind of do.....if you don't mind the poor quality and the fact that a slug body is on it...

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/6415443633.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/4922585)

pk5
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6411/17373146lv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/17373146lv0.jpg/1/w572.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img300/17373146lv0.jpg/1/)

Wicked_Silence
12-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd say a classic RT sillouette would probably be the most recognizable for old school. And what about just a standard vert feed emag for open.

Stickers would be cool. Everyone loves stickers. But I tend to agree with the barrel socks as well. Any Advertising for AGD right now is a bonus. Possilby put the web addy on it too.

k-wall
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
barrel bags would be awesome, i would gladly donate to the cause