PDA

View Full Version : Automag body - design - SFL ish?

pk5
10-03-2008, 10:41 AM
So i am just wondering, with all the smooth flowing kind of cocker inspired mag body that xmag and other have been able to put out. Why can't one have a 3378 or SFL look be produced? Something that look different than all the space age marker out there? Instead of just another wavy line design. When i first saw the SFL i was amaze at the design since it stand out soo much above the other typical marker design that even spyder/kingman is cranking out.

cougar20th
10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Designs can be done. It seems like the tend right now is more flowing designs than say hardedged industrial designs. Which means that is the more economical thing to design. If that is something people would like to see that would be something I would like to design for another body when & if that happens. But as with all my designs I will not copy someone elses design. I may let it influece my design some.

kruger
10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Personally, I prefer the industrial "look" in a marker. That flowing, organic design is fine, if you are trying to give the impression that it is something that "might" have bust out of your chest in a Sigorney Weaver Movie. The Karta is about as far as I prefer to stray from the machined look. But, that is just me.

luke
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Patience Grasshopper.

Whee McGee
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been a big fan of the simple hard-lines over the flowing curves, which is probably why the older cockers, uncut Vikings, Excals, and X-Mags (delicious, that non CnC) have always interested me more than their flavored brethren. I guess that's why I only play with old toys now.

It's a market trend, and like all trends it will change into something new. That "new" will be the opposite of smooth and flowing curves, and we'll have our day in the sun once again. :D

pk5
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Sound like luke is up to something :clap:

kruger
10-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Patience Grasshopper.

Thats all you got to say? That is just plain wrong on so many different levels. I knew that you were a machinist, but I didnt know that you were a Saddist as well.

Luke, the Saddist Machinist. If only we had Sigs..........

Dirge
10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Always a fan of the industrial look myself. One in particular. I have no idea who owns it (I think Zman used to). It is a gray SFL which was milled quite a bit.

michbich
10-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Always a fan of the industrial look myself. One in particular. I have no idea who owns it (I think Zman used to). It is a gray SFL which was milled quite a bit.
I was under the impression that it was tymcneer's SFL.

Smoothice
10-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I was under the impression that it was tymcneer's SFL.

you are correct. Before him it was z-mans and before that I believe it was kilaueakid (the guy who makes kila detents). And he was the one that did the milling.

By far the sexiest SFL in existance

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Chrisnearchos/Z-man_SFL.jpg

Dirge
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
That the one. Would love to see something along those lines come about.

snoopay700
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I would rock a mag with that body. :headbang:

C_losjoker
10-07-2008, 12:14 PM
holy crap that is sexy, just had a wet dream as i saw the picture of that sexy gun. :dance: :clap:

SCpoloRicker
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't know Z-Man sold his SFL...

BigEvil
10-07-2008, 12:58 PM
you are correct. Before him it was z-mans and before that I believe it was kilaueakid (the guy who makes kila detents). And he was the one that did the milling.

By far the sexiest SFL in existance

If you saw it now, it would break your heart :eek:

Hilltop Customs
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
:wow: :wow: :wow:
dont like the holes in the rail, could have included the body type pocket milling there and it would have looked better IMO.....but that is the sexiest milled SFL/xmag Ive ever had the pleasure of seeing a pic of....I even like the toothed/zigziag battery pack :headbang: The matching mill/color of the valve and the ribbed/UL'd grip frame are just too much, this is becoming one of my background rotation pics :D anyone have any more???

pk5
10-07-2008, 01:08 PM
ooo how about a steam punk mag body...

C_losjoker
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
If you saw it now, it would break your heart :eek:

are you saying that someone did not take of this gun and it does not even look close to what it ws??? god i hope not.

Smoothice
10-07-2008, 02:07 PM
are you saying that someone did not take of this gun and it does not even look close to what it ws??? god i hope not.

He is saying this marker has been the primary marker of its current owner for many years. And it has been treated as such :cry:

Hilltop Customs
10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
nothing that couldnt be fixed with an anno......I hope?!?!?! please