PDA

View Full Version : pack setup

crakonpr
01-25-2002, 03:00 PM
whats better your your opinion horizontal or vertical tubes?

MikeCouves
01-25-2002, 03:03 PM
It all depends where you place the pack on your back. I know people that have it hanging right down over their a*s, and they have trouble getting at a vertical.

But if you are like me and like it up higher on your pack so you can run and slide, vertical or horizontal works fine. Personnally I like vertical, easier to get tubes in and out. The only downside to vertical is when you take a tube out, and the flip top lid of the tube catches into the harness, and then you have 100/140 fresh paintballs all over the ground :D. So I would get vertical.

LaW
01-25-2002, 03:11 PM
I prefer horizontal...played with a vertical pack and I didn't like it too much.... as well since i don't put my pods back right away putting them away isn't a concern (I also like to have it high on my back)

SoupRman
01-25-2002, 03:19 PM
i like vertical. with horizontal it seems like more of a hassle. but when its vertical you open the strap and it slips otu all in one motion. also, don't forget about the lid, sometimes they open (not a good thing). i recommend a redz confort belt/pack combo. this was you can change the amount of paint you wanna carry. different styles of tubes (4v1h, 4v, 2.1) and the belt sticks to you letting your pack have little to no bounce. i also put the pack on my back.

DarkRipper
01-25-2002, 03:19 PM
I've always used verts.

I can't get used to a stack of tubes down my back...

:)
DR

[NA]WARLORD
01-25-2002, 04:21 PM
I like the benefit of Horizontal since they are all on one side and i dont have to worry about the loader being snagged ans dumpin paint, that is sooo funny to watch, esp with the newbies who seem to have all the things mommy/daddy can buy, cept experience.

hitech
01-25-2002, 04:29 PM
I really like the JT Slammer Pack (Horizontal). I recently was able to remove a tube, load my hopper and replace the tube all while on the move. Never had to stop. You just have to make sure to use tubes that close tight.

HyperSnyper
01-26-2002, 02:55 AM
Vertical,

it confirms of the back better IMO. Its also easier to pull pods out without exposing yourself in tight spots.

-Hyper