PDA

View Full Version : Emag power sources for home testing?

Chris Nearchos
10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
well i have been boucing the idea around a bit and though i might go ahead and just ask who all would be interested.

who would want a constant power supply adapter for their Emags? what i'am talking about is a setup that will allow you to power your emag from a home wall plug. giving you the ability to test and adjust your emag without having to worry about the battery decharging/charging.

-Chris

punkncat
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Lol...I used to use a model train power supply for a very similar purpose. With a meter, the speed adjustment was variable DC power, just measure, set it, and go.

Yes, slightly ghetto....but it worked.

d4m4don3
10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Dude just go to an electronics shop and get a variable dc power supply. they're as cheap as 30-40 bucks and can be used for more than just your e-mag if it doesn't require a control circuit.

Chris Nearchos
10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Dude just go to an electronics shop and get a variable dc power supply. they're as cheap as 30-40 bucks and can be used for more than just your e-mag if it doesn't require a control circuit.

yes, people could do that....but it doesnt work to easily with Emags. I have a plan on making the adapter blocks so that you can easy do it with emags. and was just wondering if anyone else was interested in a setup. that way i can get some kind of idea of how many to make. i thought a few would be intreged and might want one..... butmaybe its just something i only desire since i do alot of fixing and adjusting of emags.

-Chris

maniacmechanic
10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Well I have 4 E Mags , I normally have more than 1 battrey charged up ;)

Chris Nearchos
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM

well....your just a special case. lol. but you still have to deal with decharging batteries and the wait of charging batteries.

but for everyone else that only has one emag going.... its a different story

-Chris

BenoitOWN
10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
2h-2.5h a battery and I has 2 battery from kcs ... and I still have the stock one...

MANN
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM

I only have 3. I do the same. :cheers:

Chris Nearchos
10-09-2008, 07:33 AM
oh man..... you guys are just bumming me out.one day...no one has more then one battery....the next everyone has 3 or 4....

oh well, still going to be doing one up for me, myself, and I

-Chris

MeŠiCX
10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
2 E-Mags and 3 batteries. I'd be interested in a constant power source for testing. Heck I could even strap a car battery on my back and run it with a converter!

Chris Nearchos
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
2 E-Mags and 3 batteries. I'd be interested in a constant power source for testing. Heck I could even strap a car battery on my back and run it with a converter!

lol, i had the same thought with it. it could give the Emag a great power supply and allow it to be used like one heck of a MG turrent for senario games and so forth.

-Chris

BenoitOWN
10-09-2008, 01:25 PM
What the price would be?

Chris Nearchos
10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
iam looking at $16 for the power supply and another $13 for the adapter to the emag frame. thats if all goes well.

-Chris

BenoitOWN
10-09-2008, 10:45 PM
iam looking at $16 for the power supply and another $13 for the adapter to the emag frame. thats if all goes well.

-Chris

Well I would take on in the future ... but not immediate as I need to clear up a few thing.