PDA

View Full Version : Paintball in Atlanta on Sunday ???

Paintchucker
01-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Anyone interested in getting together for an informal meeting of AOoGA at Paintball Atlanta on Sunday???

Directions To PBA (http://www.paintball-atlanta.com/directions.html)

davej946
01-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey Man,
I would LOVE to! Oh yeah, I'm broke and PayDay isn't until Wednesday! That sucks! Keep me posted, and set up AOoGA meetings for the beginning of the months! ;)

Later

xmetal2001
01-25-2002, 09:14 PM
AOoGA........coool

Finally one of these weird groups thats near me:D

headcase
01-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Sorry can't do it this weekend, I'm helping out with a Wayne Dollack scenrio game this weekend. I wouldn't mind doing something like this, but I need a little bit more advance notice, it's a 4 or 5 hour drive up to Atlanta for me.

Paintchucker
01-26-2002, 01:04 AM
Okay, I sent PM's too, and have recieved a couple responses back. One guy doens't play on Sundays, so we will call the first official AOoGA meeting on Saturday Febuary 2, 2001 at Paintball Atlanta . I will talk to the owner of the field this weekend. I am pretty sure if we get a good turnout (10-15 people), they would let us go and use the Hyperball and Speedball Fields by ourselves, providing we are well behaved and play safe!!!

Paintball Atlanta is North of Atlanta between GA 400 and Hwy 141. I actually live between there and Atlanta at I-85 and Jimmy Carter. If anyone would like to carpool up there or follow me on Sunday, write me at dontubl8@aol.com and send me a phone number so we can coordinate. I will probably head that way around 10:30-11:00am. LMK !!!

There are a bunch of fields around Atlanta including Paintball Atlanta, Arkenstone, Wildfire Indoor, Synergy, FatCity, and several others. We will have the first couple at PBA, and then decide where to go from there. If we can get a group of about 20, then we can qualify for private groups at most fields... I guess if we get serious, we will have to find one of those old car horns that makes the noise AOoGA, AOoGA !!! :)

http://www.paintball-atlanta.com/images/images/fld_map.gif

This map is a little hard to read. What is marked as the Flora Farms Exit from GA-400 is actually Hwy 141, which breaks off Peachtree Rd/Peachtree Industrial just outside of the 285 loop on the north side of ATL...

headcase
01-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I got the PM, but I didn't feel it needed to reply in both places. Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it on the 2nd either, but keep me informed and I'm sure I'll get up there for one of these things.

Have Fun

TigerMan
01-26-2002, 10:22 AM
I'd love to go, but I most likely wouldn't be able to get my parents to take me, so if anybody lives in or around the Marietta area, think I could carpool by chance? I'd love to play (the place I play at is having a tournament in about 2 months, so it be good to get ready for). LMK if someone could possibly give me a ride. Thanks!

headcase
01-26-2002, 11:59 AM
I was just looking at the website..........107$ a case!!!!!!!! WTF.......+10 field fee, and whatever they charge for air. And I would have to drive 4 or 5 hours, I'm sorry guys but I don't think I'll be attending any time soon, almost 140$ is my my entry/air/paint for my next 5 man.

TigerMan
01-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Yeah Paintball Atlanta is very expensive, which was the reason I found a new place to play (and that my parents never want to drive me there since their indoor location closed). I play at Noonday, its free and BYOP. :D

Lord Vader
01-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Sorry, guys, but I am not going to be able to go. Obligations here at school.

Lord Vader
01-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Actually, belay that. I might be able to, but I have church in the morning and won't be able to get there until around 1 or so. Is that ok?

Paintchucker
01-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, 1:00 is cool. I'll probably be there 11:ish...Can you find it? Since you are coming from tech, the best way would be to run up 400...

On the expensive price, I know that they allow teams to come out there and practice. The last $$$ I heard on that were BYOP, $10 Field Fee and $10 all day gas. BUT to get that, we need to have an established presence. If we have the numbers in people, then we can get the special deals...

I will discuss it with the owner and see what the scoop is.

Puddleglum
01-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey, I can't make it tomorrow. But........I actually have a pretty nice field. I am not able to fill tanks yet, but if you come with a couple tank you will be fine. If anyone is interested please PM me. I live in Snellville, right next to Ronald Reagan Parkway.

personman
01-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Guys, this isnt fair!!! I WANNA COME BUT I KANT.. I REALLY wanna go next week. And guys, Im not going to paintball atlanta anyway, thier fields and prices suck. Try Paintball-America

Paintchucker
01-26-2002, 08:07 PM
That is a new one on me. Where is it and do they have a website???

PBA's prices are a little high, but their fields do not suck.

I just thought it would be cool to get together and play with the guys from the forum, but if no one wants to, that is cool too. Maybe it was just a bad idea...

Lord Vader
01-26-2002, 08:31 PM
I am still interested.

Let me know when and where you all want to meet. You can call me at (404) 206-9050 anytime before 2 AM.

personman
01-26-2002, 09:08 PM
they dont suck, I just dont like them
Paintball America is BYOP, and a Entry fee of 15 bucks.
http://www.american-paintball.net/

personman
01-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Its right next to paintball-atlanta... its got 4 fields, and paint is 6 for 100 rnds.. its usually proball.. they guy there is real nice, and he just got a nitro fill station. Im not 100 percent sure if he fills 4.5k nitro, but I know he fills 3k.
I like the idea, and actually I think I can play tomorrow.. its a 55 percent chance of not being able to come. I guess if its tomorrow, Ill come if I can, even if its at PBA.. Ill try to bring a friend, If thats ok.. talk to me on AIM: Gorillazfan555

personman
01-27-2002, 05:29 PM
I just got back. I had a Blast.. We should do this every month, and setup a date, time and day that everyone can cope with.. but to be easier on my wallet.. can we have it sometimes at <a href="http://www.american-paintball.net">Paintball America</a>? I dont really like woods fields much, and Im better at speedball.. maby we could have it sometimes at Georgia Paintball 2.0..
I dont really ever want to have it at Wildfire, or Arkenstone, but then again, Im not arranging it, so if you guys choose to go there, I guess I'll just not go.
Even though I diddnt play with you guys much, I still had alot of fun. Next time I'll play hyperball with you guys.

Lord Vader
01-27-2002, 06:47 PM
I just got back from PBA, and yeah, I had a blast. First day with my warp; got a lot of comments on it. Was chopping a lot though; the powerfeed plug kept wriggling out of the powerfeed, creating a poor warp ball stack. Played plenty of hyperball. I don't know if I'll be able to do it every month (college budget), but it is an experience worth repeating.

xmetal2001
01-27-2002, 07:09 PM
I Couldn't make it...something came up. Had no idea how many GA AOers there were. Febuary 2nd:eek: the one day of the year i have a saturday school thing...:( I can't believe it, i'm always there and the two days i cant be there u guys show up.

As for prices, i usually play for about $4(and thats just food and drinks):p I love reffing. You should all start reffing, and tell them Hunter sent you(i get store credit):D I need to know the dates in advance so i don't sign up to ref.

If we want to play just us on hyperball we would probably have to sign up as a private group, otherwise if we get a hyperball game going other people will be there probably tlaking about how their gun shoots farther:rolleyes:

although it would be cool to ref an AOoGA private group.hmm...nahh, id rather play.

I suppose you guys would insist that i play with my mag. Not that i'd ever use another gun:D

personman
01-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Gotta be 14 to ref, right? I dont quite make it. Im 13 in april.

xmetal2001
01-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Yeah, 14 to ref(but they don't ask;))

You just gotta look 14 when you start:p

Paintchucker
01-27-2002, 09:38 PM
It was nice to meet a couple people from online here! I had a blast too. That was the first time that I got a chance to play hyperball. Took me back to my old tourney days!!! And I think the Mags scared them a little bit, especially Vader's warp feed, because they kept putting us on seperate teams to even out the firepower. :)

xmetal2001
01-27-2002, 09:41 PM
how many people were there?

Ahhhh i wanted to be there

personman
01-28-2002, 10:33 AM
It was just Vader, Chucker and I.. I like your siggy pic, X.. I really liked Vader's Setup.. man that thing is tiny looking! The warp makes guns look so compact a jumbled up, its not even funny! I want one!

xmetal2001
01-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Actually i think i might be able to get there feb 2nd, anyone else going?

TigerMan
01-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Any of the GA players have AIM, if so what are your screen names?

Lord Vader
01-28-2002, 07:15 PM
AIM screen name: Swordchucks

xmetal2001
01-28-2002, 08:09 PM
same as ao,xmetal2001

personman
01-29-2002, 01:18 PM
I have already posted mine, but again:
Gorillazfan555

I dunno about fed 2nd. Dont think I will be able to go.. maby sometime in mid/late feb?

sajohnston
01-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Glad to see a group getting together near the house. When I get back I will definitely have to get on board.