PDA

View Full Version : Just started installing Level 10 w/ x-valve

DamianTC
10-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I just opened my package with my x-vave and I was reading the directions and making sure it came with all the parts. I was reading the directions for the Level 10 installation on this site. It said it would come with 5 o-ring carriers. Each would be groved differently to indicate it's size. My package came with 4. Two of them had no groves and the other two had one grove. So I really only had 2 different carriers with an extra for each. Are these the only carriers needed now and AGD only packages those 2 or did I get shorted on carriers?

secretweaponevan
10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I just opened my package with my x-vave and I was reading the directions and making sure it came with all the parts. I was reading the directions for the Level 10 installation on this site. It said it would come with 5 o-ring carriers. Each would be groved differently to indicate it's size. My package came with 4. Two of them had no groves and the other two had one grove. So I really only had 2 different carriers with an extra for each. Are these the only carriers needed now and AGD only packages those 2 or did I get shorted on carriers?

The new kits come with 4. Look for lines and dots.
A line = a full size
A dot = a half size

1 line and 1 dot is a 1.5 carrier.

Start tuning with the largest you have.

Quick tuning instructions:

Remove all LVL 10 shims.
Pick 1 carrier o-ring and stick with it.
Use oil.
Use #2 carrier (2 lines, no dots or largest one you have).
Shoot 1000 shots to break in o-ring.
Move broken-in o-ring to largest carrier that doesn't leak.
Use red spring for 285 fps. Use longer spring for higher velocity or to be more gentle (fragile paint), shorter spring for lower velocity or to be less gentle (thicker shell).
If bolt sticks after encountering a jam, add a shim.

Coralis
10-08-2008, 06:19 PM
level 10 installation vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw)

michbich
10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
level 10 installation vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw)
QFT, When i first started with the lvlx, I had no idea what I is was doing. After looking a couple times at that video, it took 5 minutes and the marker was up and running with no problems.

Coralis
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
yeah its a good video ,its a shame we dont have more for common problems .... hmmm

DamianTC
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
my kit came this these carriers:

1- one line with dot
2- one line with no dot
3- no line with dot
4- no line with no dot

So I should start with the carrier that has a line and a dot?

secretweaponevan
10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
my kit came this these carriers:

1- one line with dot
2- one line with no dot
3- no line with dot
4- no line with no dot

So I should start with the carrier that has a line and a dot?

Yup, that would be the 1.5 carrier, your largest.