PDA

View Full Version : Gun concept?

cyrus-the-virus
10-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Ok well I was playing COD4 when an idea for a paintball marker came into my head. It's fairly simple to be honest and I'll be amazed if it's never been implimented or patented.

Basicly it uses a standard pop-it valve/cupseal but rather than having a hammer strike it to open the valve, it directly links the ram to the the cupseal. I'm really bad with words so I drew a quick scetch in paint.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc332/cyrus-the-virus/Cyrus-gun.jpg

As you can see it's stupidly simple, and I have a few ideas in my head to keep it simple when it comes to maintinence as well.

The bolt could be cycled in 1 of 2 ways that I've been able to come up with.

1: A FASOR bolt, either a large spring around the outside of the bolt(automag style) or a smaller internal spring(Aedes style) would be cheap, simple, and reliable. Could even support a mechanicle anti-chop backup.

2: A e-cocker or excaliber style bolt.

Does anyone know if this idea is already patented/already been made? Is there anyone out there with the equipment/experience to help me build a prototype(reguardless of if it's been patented)

I'm already working on a layout, if there is anyone good with fluid dynamics and other math calculations that would go into working out a design I would appreciate your input.

NOTE: There is no possable way to effecintly turn this into a mech marker. Much like most spool vale markers.