PDA

View Full Version : noid that is wired backwards

jhill112
10-09-2008, 07:47 AM
i used the xmod instrutions and have found that my noid is one of the ones that are wired backwards.how do you fix or rewire the thing?can i just flip the two wires that run to the board?i used the compass test if anyone is wondering.

Looper
10-09-2008, 08:44 AM
i used the xmod instrutions and have found that my noid is one of the ones that are wired backwards.how do you fix or rewire the thing?can i just flip the two wires that run to the board?i used the compass test if anyone is wondering.

Yes, just flip them. BUT if you want the clean look and the ability to remove your noid with out un-soldering it; I have the Female Plug and wires set that you can solder onto the noid and connect to the unused noid socket on the top of the main board.

PM me if your interested...

jhill112
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
will keeping it the way it is hurt it?what does the wiring affect if it is backwards?

Chris Nearchos
10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
it is a bad idea to keep the wires the wrong way for many reasons.

1) your noid and sear will be working in reverse....meaning your gun wont fire in E-mode

2) will damage your noid due to the pluger hitting the bottom of the noid with great power.

ETC....

jhill112
10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
mine is firing in e mode.

Chris Nearchos
10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
mine is firing in e mode.

then your wiring is fine and correct.

-Chris

Ruler_Mark
10-16-2008, 08:37 PM
the noids can work when their polarity is connected "wrong" ie the wires just need to be swapped. Get a soldering iron.

MANN
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
it is a bad idea to keep the wires the wrong way for many reasons.

1) your noid and sear will be working in reverse....meaning your gun wont fire in E-mode

2) will damage your noid due to the pluger hitting the bottom of the noid with great power.

ETC....

HUH. how does the plunger hit the bottom of the noid?

I am not even sure that is possible.

1 there is an Eclip

2 Not 100% positive, but I dont think the gemoetry will allow the plunger to hit the bottom of the noid (assuming the length is correct)

Chris Nearchos
10-17-2008, 06:40 AM
HUH. how does the plunger hit the bottom of the noid?

I am not even sure that is possible.

1 there is an Eclip

2 Not 100% positive, but I dont think the gemoetry will allow the plunger to hit the bottom of the noid (assuming the length is correct)

that is true. But that is your assuming the E-clip is still in place. I have seen 4 emags running without the E-clip [that have come to me for repairs]. in which 2 of those, the plunger did damage the bottom of the noid due too.

you be surprised what kind of problems can happen....even the problems you think could never happen.

-Chris