PDA

View Full Version : New to Mags and I need help

orrangexiii
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I just bought and RT Pro and I love it. However I'm having a problem. My 'sweetspot' is no good. Its hard to explain and I'm new so please bare with me. When ever I try to use the sweetspot, my mag will fire 1-2 shots than it will "poof" or you could almost call it a dry fire which causes me to loose the sweetspot, therefor I guess I've never really even found the sweetspot. Whats wrong? Should/Could I be able to fire at a rate near full auto?

Now the second half.

So I tore down my Mag cleaned, oiled and reassembled. I hooked up my tank and fired to make sure I'd done right. When I pulled the trigger as quick as possible it would give me the same "poof" on about every 3rd shot only this time I wasn't trying to hit the sweet spot. Now my HPA tank was very low, almost empty infact, so I'm thinking that is the cause, unless someone knows otherwise. I guess I will find out on Saturday when I get my tank filled before the game, but until then I'm going to lay this out there, to help me find out.

So, anything you guys got to offer I would appreciate greatly.

Thanks

SithSteve
10-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Mags LOVE air, so, get your tank filled and try it out again...

Sumthinwicked
10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
to have an rt effect you need more than 800 psi in your tank 1000 is great 1200 is the max i think but dont quote me look up zak vetter he has a site on how to rt your gun remember macro isnt made for such high pressures so leave the hardline on your gun ,

orrangexiii
10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick responses, I have heard that I'd need over 800psi but I got stuck on a thread somewhere that said a stock RT Pro should can shoot 20 bps. If the current set up can't shoot any faster thats fine with me because I've never shot anything this accurate before, close though. I just wanted know if something wasn't working properly. But what do I do to get over 800 psi?

michbich
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
You would need an adjustable reg for your tank or a preset that has a higher PSI output.

warbeak2099
10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick responses, I have heard that I'd need over 800psi but I got stuck on a thread somewhere that said a stock RT Pro should can shoot 20 bps. If the current set up can't shoot any faster thats fine with me because I've never shot anything this accurate before, close though. I just wanted know if something wasn't working properly. But what do I do to get over 800 psi?

You're not going anywhere near 20bps without an adjustable output tank.

secretweaponevan
10-09-2008, 10:11 PM
You would need an adjustable reg for your tank or a preset that has a higher PSI output.

...or know how to safely shim your reg spring inside your tank's reg.

Spider-TW
10-09-2008, 10:48 PM
You can get the new myth regs with an optional spring for 900psi static pressure, but I don't know if they can keep up.

The old 3k AGD flatlines can be set around 1000psi, but I've seen other people and myself have trouble getting more than 2 or 3 bounces like you have (so I wouldn't bother with one of those for RT).

You're looking for a regulator that can keep up with mag in RT. The output pressure is kind of an indication that it will work, but not proof.

BiNumber3
10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
My old rt classic was able to bounce for a solid amount of time n quite easily using an 800 psi myth reg. though i also had a modifyied trigger frame which may have aided in sweet-spotting just due to different geometry.
Have no idea how many bps it was tho, although it did feel like it was goin as fast as my odyssey o3x on full auto.

orrangexiii
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes they love air! It worked great. Upon closer inspection I noticed my reg is well above 800psi. I also found out that the sweetspot does work when my tank is full, but once it drops to around 2000psi(72/3000 tank) I lose it. I think its time to upgrade to a 4500 tank.