PDA

View Full Version : New Micromag Body Poll

Tracy_ptp
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Based on feedback from this poll we will be able to start narrowing down the design. With an additional polls so that we can give you what you want and come up with the finished product.
We will make a decision by Sunday.

Tracy

cyberave68
10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I like clean lines better, plus my Etac covers my woodsball perfect for me....

Cy

Ruler_Mark
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
something very sleek and UL would be tight.

Spider-TW
10-10-2008, 10:43 AM
If woodsball is all about rails, all a body really needs is a spot and a set of screw holes for a picatinny rail. As long a standard rail will lie flat on the body, it can be ano'd black and rail'ed for woodsball. I always thought the original, mostly flat sided micromags were a hair away from being drilled and tapped for side rails.

Are rails much cheaper when they are milled into a marker body?

I still voted for sleek... :rolleyes:

Tracy_ptp
10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Are rails much cheaper when they are milled into a marker body?

I still voted for sleek... :rolleyes:

no not cheaper. We already build rails for our sight mounts and we can modify them for a body rail. check out this link... http://www.armsonusa.com/arsigmoun.html

Tracy

pk5
10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
anything that doesn't look like a phoenix or karta clone.

Brewtt
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Words like "Retro" and "Woodsball" really don't mean much without an example picture. :confused:

What you consider "Retro" or "Sleek" or "Woodsball" probably don't equate to other's preconceptions of those terms.

Please as to be posting graphical examples of what you mean by these terms for clarification sake?

Jaan
10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm really afraid of this design turning into hot dogs and beans.

Whenever you try to get a large group of people to agree to what they're going to eat for dinner, it always ends up being the lowest common denominator...hot dog and beans.

I don't want hot dogs and beans...I want 15 day old rib eye steak :D

Tracy_ptp
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Words like "Retro" and "Woodsball" really don't mean much without an example picture. :confused:

What you consider "Retro" or "Sleek" or "Woodsball" probably don't equate to other's preconceptions of those terms.

Please as to be posting graphical examples of what you mean by these terms for clarification sake?

Woodsball would likely have rails built into the body or be able to put rails on it.

Retro would be looking more like an original style micro with a smoother sleeker look. Without as much milling.

2003machone
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I for one would like to see a mix of the micromag 2000 body and a karta or phoenix. A removable breech(like the x-mag) would be very cool, but would probably add considerable cost. I would also like to see the valve be fully supported on the top and bottom. Just my two cents.

Whee McGee
10-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Judging but what was said, I voted for Retro, as I'd like the body to be simple, with smooth and well-defined lines, and very easy on the curves.

Essentially, simple and square.

That being said, I browsed through the design thread and some people came up with a very good point; The design should attempt to try something new and innovative.. I'm sure not everyone will be happy with whatever design you guys come up with, but that's to be expected with any design you guys can come up with. :D

Have fun with the body design you guys. I can't wait to see what you come up with. :headbang:

robertsr1811
10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Sleek.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/robertsr1811/Mint_E_1.jpg

I get SO many comments on this body it's not even funny. Really, it's not complex at all, just that little bit of milling by the detent and that's it. Everything else is smooth machine...

Dend78
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
i play woodsball thats it but i dont need to make it looke like another M16 clone or G36, dont get me wrong they are cool but everyone does it, i like to bring something different to the table when i play im going sleek and smooth

Sumthinwicked
10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
i love powerfed micros hense why i want this LOL retro baby

MANN
10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
1 angel detents
2 angel threaded feedneck
3 tall enough to allow for emag lowers aka no more plate for the lowers
4 rtp sear
5 rtp length
6 mill so that it doesnt require a "front block" for emag lowers.
7 mill under pockets for ule
8 stick with the "classic" look. Not a copy, but along the same lines. Dont put rails on them. That is for the cast alum tippy people. We are using a marker for quality and durability. Not for agg ness or snipering (we all know there is no such thing regardless how many scopes/flashlights you put on it)

IMO the original ptp micros were very apeasing to the eye. I [don flame suit] dare to say that I like them better than the chord, delera (or however you spell it), ripper, or IT bodies. IMO it is still not as sleek & sexy as a karta or warp X, but goes great with the "muscle marker" theme (similar to muscle car).

Depending on my financial situation I would like to pick up a new ptp body. I wouldn't care to have a new version of:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/IMG_3110.jpg

outreach
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
in regards to above post, 5/6 why do we want to make the micro mag bigger, mines egoframed and people always coment on how great it feels because of how tight a set up it is, i personally dont want a bigger gun. as even though its small it still has a solid feel wich most small guns lack. i may be wrong in my head about the size difference, as ive only owned micro mags

Mayvik
10-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Agreed, it's supposed to be "Micro"; if you want to stick e-mag lowers on it, an adapter isn't going to kill you, but those of us who'd want to keep it mechanical/pneumatic might not want a bunch of extra meat on there we can't easily remove solely to support lowers we're never planning to install.

GoatBoy
10-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Sleek design, dovetail on top, a few screw holes for accessories, warp/vert convertible.

Ah well.

I guess all we're going to see is the same-old same-old.

Chronobreak
10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
stealth

macromag :ninja:

MANN
10-11-2008, 06:18 AM
i personally dont want a bigger gun. as even though its small it still has a solid feel wich most small guns lack. i may be wrong in my head about the size difference, as ive only owned micro mags

All automags are the same length. Mini, micro, Emags, Xmags, Etc. If you take a "automag" and put a freak back on the marker (twistlock if it is a twistlock body; cocker threaded if it is any other body) it measures the EXACT same from the back of the valve to the tip of the barrel. To date I still dont understand why AGD called the mini a mini or why PTP called the micro a micro. I guess some type of marketing scheme.

The difference in the body length of a RTP or am/mm is ~ 7/8", and the real benifit of this is to allow for any foregrip with any frame.

I am not sure about how others are planning on setting up the new body, but Logic UMF frames, Zgrips, Ygrips, emag lowers, and some intelliframes (old style) will not work on AM/MM length rails if you are planning on using a foregrip.

I am not sure about everyone else, but IMO one of the best things about AGD products (after quality & durability) is the versatility. Being able to make the marker fit the user. Not the other way around. I mean what other marker can you have 6 different angled frames & put the hopper on any side of the marker.

IMO if I want a "small" marker I will grab my Invert mini.

Using an RTP length body/rail combo will allow for the widest array of users. Along with some of the other points I made (RTP sear, feedneck, etc). And remember we can always remove material if we want something smaller.

cue www.lukescustoms.com commercial

maniacmechanic
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
" MANN " "Using an RTP length body/rail combo will allow for the widest array of users. Along with some of the other points I made (RTP sear, feedneck, etc). And remember we can always remove material if we want something smaller"

I am in total agreement with Mann on this one , plans for mine ; a set of PTP E Mag lowers

GRimm
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I personaly want a combination of a microemag body and an SFL body. Well what I realy want is a body with an interchangeable breach, ive always loved the idea but how am I supposed to get ahold of an SFL... So I say design a more retro/sleek body and offer it in different models, some just centerfeed for people who dont use warps and one with a breach for those of us who do use warps. Even if the breach causes the price of the body to go up I still think it'd be well worth it, lets say it costs 250 for the new body with a breach, and 150 for just a regular body either vert or warp. If you dont use a warp feed, then buy the vert body. If you were planning on using a warp then you would still have to buy a vert body incase your warp fails, that means you will have spent 300 on two bodies instead of a modular one that costs 250.

DevilMan
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Smooth Sleek & Light... Not all boxy. I don't like boxy. :D

Hope to see the new ideas soon... ahhhhh...

DM

GRimm
10-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Any updates, im realy looking foward to seeing the new body.

Tracy_ptp
10-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Any updates, im realy looking foward to seeing the new body.

Forest has been working on the the design, We like what he has so far. Once the drawings are complete will will be posting it for all to see. And a blurb about its features. I don't see it taking too much longer. hopefully by the end of this month. It takes a little time to get the cad drawings done.

punkncat
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I honestly wonder if there are enough mag enthusiasts left to justify a run of new mag bodies on a large scale?

Many of the recent "private label" body runs have been pretty small. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember y'all (PTP) having mag bodies left over up until fairly recently from runs done well back. Perhaps just the "outdated" design as it were.

But honestly, if you are going to the trouble to design and release this new PTP, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you going to stick to small runs/batches and sell what you can to simply pay for the process, or are you anticipating doing a large run and reviving something?
If this is offered in an Emag style, are there going to be more emags made to make complete markers, or is this simply a body project for "upgrade" purposes?

Seems to me like stepping off into a new project for an aging product is shaky ground in this ecomomy. There is another user here who just developed a great looking body/rail kit and from my take on it, is already having to consider a way to make it cheaper simply to market it and find interested BUYERS, not just people who find it interesting.

Y'all are savvy business people who have been around the block. You have been at this a while, and I am not trying to nay say anything, just my couple of pennies.

doc_Zox
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
microemag body and an SFL body.

exactly what i was thinking about last night

Zaks old SFL is amazing

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/marker_gallery/sfl_e-mags/tymcneer/Z-man_SFL_Warp.jpg

Tracy_ptp
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I honestly wonder if there are enough mag enthusiasts left to justify a run of new mag bodies on a large scale?

But honestly, if you are going to the trouble to design and release this new PTP, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you going to stick to small runs/batches and sell what you can to simply pay for the process, or are you anticipating doing a large run and reviving something? If this is offered in an Emag style, are there going to be more emags made to make complete markers, or is this simply a body project for "upgrade" purposes?

Seems to me like stepping off into a new project for an aging product is shaky ground in this ecomomy. There is another user here who just developed a great looking body/rail kit and from my take on it, is already having to consider a way to make it cheaper simply to market it and find interested BUYERS, not just people who find it interesting.

Wow!!! Let's see, where to begin..... No there probably isn't enough enthusiasts left to do something on a large scale because most of the paintball generation nowadays is under 20 years old and have no clue what a mag is anyway.

I started getting calls and emails from fellow maggers that really wanted us to make them a new body. I told them I would if we had enough people interested. Unlike most of the larger companies out there now, we actually want to give the customer what they want. PTP has been around for a very long time and I think the reason people like us is that we haven't really changed over the years. And the quality of our products haven't changed. We still care and we still take care of our customers "personally". If you call our office your call will be answered by either myself (90%) or by Forest. Tell me how many of the companies left from 15+ years ago still personally answer their phone lines.....Most of these guys have gotten big and don't have time, or they have gone corporate, and most of them have now gone to China to build their products. We have our own CNC machine shop so I don't have to "out-source" the products we build, I just have to make sure it makes sense. I personally take pride when I get calls or emails from our customers telling us how much they like our product. So doing this from a "business" standpoint probably doesn't make sense to many people, but doing it for the loyal customers out there makes us feel good.

I hope all of you PTP fans out there know how much we appreciate your loyalty over the years!!! I hope this project will be as well liked as all the others.

Tracy

maniacmechanic
10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Wow!!! Let's see, where to begin..... No there probably isn't enough enthusiasts left to do something on a large scale because most of the paintball generation nowadays is under 20 years old and have no clue what a mag is anyway.

I started getting calls and emails from fellow maggers that really wanted us to make them a new body. I told them I would if we had enough people interested. Unlike most of the larger companies out there now, we actually want to give the customer what they want. PTP has been around for a very long time and I think the reason people like us is that we haven't really changed over the years. And the quality of our products haven't changed. We still care and we still take care of our customers "personally". If you call our office your call will be answered by either myself (90%) or by Forest. Tell me how many of the companies left from 15+ years ago still personally answer their phone lines.....Most of these guys have gotten big and don't have time, or they have gone corporate, and most of them have now gone to China to build their products. We have our own CNC machine shop so I don't have to "out-source" the products we build, I just have to make sure it makes sense. I personally take pride when I get calls or emails from our customers telling us how much they like our product. So doing this from a "business" standpoint probably doesn't make sense to many people, but doing it for the loyal customers out there makes us feel good.

I hope all of you PTP fans out there know how much we appreciate your loyalty over the years!!! I hope this project will be as well liked as all the others.

Tracy

WHOO HOO man I like that answer , thats the big problem with a lot of PB company's now days ; they really don't care , it's all about dollars on a large scale , the cheaper they can make it , the more profit they make , Quality , there are still a couple companys that care , but they are small scale & seem to like it that way

Sumthinwicked
10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
find my groovey frame tracy!

Beemer
10-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Y'all are savvy business people who have been around the block. You have been at this a while,

That pretty much answers your own questions. If you dont think the ducks are in a row, well you arent thinking then are you? You have tunnel vision and are only seeing the little picture.
Step back get out of the box and see the bigger picture. :cheers:

cres007
10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
If you decide to create the new body, if i may suggest: Light-weight,sleek ,smooth line. Simplicity is key,keep it simple. :rolleyes:

Sumthinwicked
10-16-2008, 08:17 PM
these guys are the best and they have been at this game long enough to know what to do to get this rollin i have all the faith in the world in ptp where customer service is #1 :clap:

going_home
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
correction,
GForce owns one patent for this type of frame.

PTP owns one as well.
and according to Tracy, there is a run of Micro Mags coming...

you might want to let PTP know that a Pneumag version of the Micro Mag would be well recieved.

The above was taken from the " G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags" thread in the dealers section.

I'm excited about the forthcoming new Micromag body , and I would buy a pneumag frame
setup if Forest decided to add that to the list.
Put me down for ( 1 ) the whole package !

Anyone else interested in a pneu-Micromag ?

:clap:

Spider-TW
10-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone else interested in a pneu-Micromag ?

:clap:
That would be arm-twisting! :p

It would have to have an integrated LPR for me. I can't see paying respectable $ for something that I have to rig external LPR hoses on, since there's no way to channel the (non-existent) rail.

matteusz
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
That would be arm-twisting! :p

It would have to have an integrated LPR for me. I can't see paying respectable $ for something that I have to rig external LPR hoses on, since there's no way to channel the (non-existent) rail.

Unless the channel were incorporated into the body design. One or the other would be a must. Can someone get Tracy to weigh in on this?

Does PTP really have a patent on pneumatic guns?

Put me down for one whole package too.

Dend78
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Unless the channel were incorporated into the body design. One or the other would be a must. Can someone get Tracy to weigh in on this?

from conversations in the past yes they do, from large amounts of sleep time and other things in the mix im not 100% on that but i do believe they do. i actually think their system was similar to whats on A5's and 98's but i could be wrong there.

Sumthinwicked
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM
single triggered pnuemicromag herm i like that

Rudz
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
i demand pictars! :dance:

outreach
10-22-2008, 05:07 PM
i demand pictars! :dance:
thats not the way to do it, you have to through a chair then demand like this.
(Insert pic of guy throughing chair) i demand them pictars

maniacmechanic
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
thats not the way to do it, you have to through a chair then demand like this.
(Insert pic of guy throughing chair) i demand them pictars

do you mean throwing

Tracy_ptp
10-22-2008, 05:33 PM

We don't have a patent ona Pnuematic gun, we have a patent on a Pnuematic trigger frame as well as others pending. On the body design we will take every option we can into account and do what we can!!

Tracy

matteusz
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
We don't have a patent ona Pnuematic gun, we have a patent on a Pnuematic trigger frame as well as others pending. On the body design we will take every option we can into account and do what we can!!

Tracy

Perfect. Would you please take into account how massively thrilled we would be if you made both a pneumatic frame and the new bodies. Selling them as one unit would be :eek:

or even making the frame later to go with the bodies Forest is doing now.

GRimm
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
On the body design we will take every option we can into account and do what we can!!

Tracy

Not going to throw us a bone or a table scrap or anything eh? :ninja: Oh well I guess thats the best way to get people excited about a new project. I think a cool Idea would be to have a normal body as a base, but for a little extra maybe have some of the ideas that people have been coming up with as options. (only the good ideas though :cool: )

50 cal
10-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Sleek sells.

DanMan
10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
This is totally random, but if a pneu version is to be made could you mount the lpr blazer style? That would be sick!

Spider-TW
10-23-2008, 09:34 AM
I need to throw this out so that I may forget about it... :p

The original micro-mag was kind of slab sided. It would be interesting if, instead of a removable breach, it had three feed holes bored in it. The marker would come with three different plugs that would all be attached to the marker (screws?). One is the feed neck, one is the detent holder, and the third one is either a blank or another detent holder (optional buy). Then the same parts could be re-arranged for vert feed, warp left, or warp right.

It is a lot of parts and making it pretty is a whole other problem. :D

Engus
10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I need to throw this out so that I may forget about it... :p

The original micro-mag was kind of slab sided. It would be interesting if, instead of a removable breach, it had three feed holes bored in it. The marker would come with three different plugs that would all be attached to the marker (screws?). One is the feed neck, one is the detent holder, and the third one is either a blank or another detent holder (optional buy). Then the same parts could be re-arranged for vert feed, warp left, or warp right.

It is a lot of parts and making it pretty is a whole other problem. :D

that idea was mentioned a couple times in the design thread...

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Not going to throw us a bone or a table scrap or anything eh? :ninja: Oh well I guess thats the best way to get people excited about a new project. I think a cool Idea would be to have a normal body as a base, but for a little extra maybe have some of the ideas that people have been coming up with as options. (only the good ideas though :cool: )

Forest knows what he is going to do. Just need to get drawings done and a prototype. Then we can release info!!! It's being worked on!! Don't feel bad, I am just as anxious to spill the beans as you are wanting to know. :tard: :)

Tracy

Spider-TW
10-23-2008, 11:37 AM
that idea was mentioned a couple times in the design thread...
Good, thanks. I have to admit that I never made it through whole thread. Did anyone "put" a picatinny rail on the blank cover? Maybe I caught it all subliminally, or autistic-ally.

At least it's good to know that Forest knows what he wants to do. Now we just have to wait... :ninja:

outreach
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
but we waited yesterday its time for something differentXD so for now i have an idea we can all amuse ourselves with this dancing bananna :dance: to take our minds off the evil act of waiting

Pneumagger
10-23-2008, 03:00 PM
How about a body that the mech frames and froegrips attach directly to... only just as compact/short as a normal ULE.
Then make a mech frame that holds the valve and body together as well the AGD sear internally.
Basically, instead of the rail indexing the body, frame, sear, and valve - the frame will do that.
It'd be shorter and lighter than any AGD automag could have ever been.

And I know you're PTP and all, but make it easy for DIY pneumag makers to tinker around some.

I could whip together a CAD (if I don't have one onhand already) illustrating the idea.

Shingo
10-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Just cast my vote. I'm pushing for a retro/sleek look. But with hard lines. Similar to Zaks old SFL posted by doc_Zox would be ideal, but I'm sure it can still be lighter and sleeker. It just needs to look sexy!

Looking forward to see the new MicroMag Body!!! :headbang:

snoopay700
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
How about a body that the mech frames and froegrips attach directly to... only just as compact/short as a normal ULE.
Then make a mech frame that holds the valve and body together as well the AGD sear internally.
Basically, instead of the rail indexing the body, frame, sear, and valve - the frame will do that.
It'd be shorter and lighter than any AGD automag could have ever been.

And I know you're PTP and all, but make it easy for DIY pneumag makers to tinker around some.

I could whip together a CAD (if I don't have one onhand already) illustrating the idea.
I really like that idea, i've been thinking about something like that for a while.

DevilMan
01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
:ninja:

Made ya look!!!!

:nono:

DM

Beemer
01-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Made ya look!!!!

Made me laugh... :spit_take What forum is this?? What Thread is this?? Tweet, tweet. :argh:

Ninjeff
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
:ninja:

Made ya look!!!!

:nono:

DM

now thats just mean.