PDA

View Full Version : My E-mag Project

Texas Trigger
10-10-2008, 08:36 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/vertie_88/DSCF0003.jpg
Meet my E-mag. I bought the lowers and swapped them out with my Electro-Pneumag lowers a few weeks before coming to the Air Force Academy, vowing that one day I would turn her into the most amazing E-mag ever. Well, I intend to make good on my promise, and she will be heading out to Luke soon for her first round of custom work, and I've already got some parts in the mail. I'll update this thread as progress is made. Totally psyched. It's an amazing gun already...People always ask before a game what it is, then ask again after the game is over and they've seen her ripping. :D

Current Specs:
-Warp left ULE
-ULE lowers
-XMOD 1.8
-PTP Warp adapter (rare-ish)
-LT3 Blade trigger
-X-valve/LVL 10
-CP drop and ASA
-DW 14"
-12V warp

**UPDATE 9/26/2008**
Had a piece come in the mail, a 1000mah battery pack...And, I finally sent her off to Luke. GRs this week prevented me from doing so sooner.

**UPDATE 10/10/2008**
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/vertie_88/DSCF0003-1.jpg
She's back from luke! Got her back last week actually, was just really busy. Anyways, he ended up doing ULE milling to the rail, cosmetic rail milling, battery pack milling, cutting a pocket behind the trigger (a la SFL), correcting some major dings on the frame, and cutting down the rail and body. He also smoothed out the warp mill in the rail...without me asking him to. You're the man Luke! Here she is with her friends:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/vertie_88/DSCF0021.jpg

Specs as of 10/10/2008:
-Warp left ULE
-ULE lowers
-XMOD 1.8
-PTP Warp adapter (rare)
-LT3 Blade trigger
-X-valve/LVL 10
-CP drop and ASA
-DW 14"
-12V warp
-1000 mah battery
-ULE rail
-Cosmetic rail milling
-Battery pack milling
-Pocket behind trigger
-Cut down rail and battery

Now, AOers, I need your input. I have decided on anno and custom grips from SPD, but I need a good way of securing the battery switch...Currently I have a green elastic cord on there that looks like crap. What would look good and be practical? AND, is there anyway I could get an on off switch?

mostpeople
10-11-2008, 12:17 AM
A very easy thing to do, would be to cut a very small hole near the bottom of the battery pack for a small switch. Then, get a new 1000mAH battery from KC's, and put the switch in between the positive terminal on the battery and the battery top. Voila, you have your battery switch, in a convenient location. I think a drill, and a dremel would be all that is required. There is very little room at the bottom of the back so you would need to dig out a pocket for it.

Or you can just wait for Chris Nearchos's on/off solution which is forthcoming I hear.

Either way how you like training? I am surprized they allow paintball markers in the dorms

Texas Trigger
10-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Not supposed to have 'em but the storage room isn't open but once a week, so I can't put them away yet. Plus, my upperclassmen don't care. The training isn't bad, really, it's not all that bad here...lol. I actually like it here. You still at Randolph?

mostpeople
10-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Please take my name down from the public posts.

Still at Randyland until February.

Texas Trigger
10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Know where you're headed after that?

mostpeople
10-11-2008, 12:34 AM
I will find out in Decemeber.. hopefully AFSOC as we discussed before you left.

Texas Trigger
10-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Cool. I'm hoping for A-10s at the moment. If I don't get a pilot slot, I'll most likely cross commision to the Army to fly Apaches.

flyingpootang
10-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Did you get the sight rail yet?

maniacmechanic
10-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Know where you're headed after that?

FLORIDA !!!

Texas Trigger
10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Did you get the sight rail yet?

Didn't check mail yesterday, I'll take a look later today.

AGDlover
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
nice emag! Love the front Rail body mill. Reminds me of my old emag that I no longer have :cry: . As for anno I've always loved acidwashes or just polish everything to a mirror! :cheers:

Texas Trigger
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
I have anno picked out already. ;)