PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve to MM body fit

kopfjaeger
01-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey, I just bought the retro valve for my left hopper minimag. Is it supposed to fit so loosely. My old valve fit snug but the new one has slack between the body and the valve no matter how tight the field strip screw is. This allows movement of the valve back and forth of about 1/8". I am looking for some help from AGD tech. Should I send it back in with the body so AGD can custom fit the valve. Please let me know or suggest a remedy. Thanks.

SoupRman
01-25-2002, 10:04 PM
if no one answers this call up the tech line when they open. info at www.airgun.com a tech should get to you fast.

hawpunch
01-25-2002, 10:08 PM
hi,

i think if you have a hopper left body, you have to have a special retro valve. if you look at their online store, they mention that if you have a hopper left body you have to indicate it. i'm supposing its because there is a fitting problem. i'd call either the store or a tech and have the valve switched for a hopper left body. hope this helps! good luck!

aloha,

jae park

Minimag4me
01-25-2002, 10:42 PM
there is no special valve for a hopper left retro. the only difference is the side the intake is on thats why they ask.

there probably too much slack in there, the best bet is to send it to agd

kopfjaeger
01-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I have to send it back because the air intake is on the wrong side for my mag. The prob is still that the fit of the valve to the inside of the body is loose. Seems like maybe dimensions have change on mags? I can fix it with electrical tape but thats kinda cheesy.

Wherever you have been, thats where you were.

a_malfunction
01-25-2002, 11:42 PM
That is definitely not a common problem.... I would call AGD... but their Tech dept. is closed due to the Mardi Gras open.

Paintchucker
01-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I had a retro valve on my minimag. It was hopper left main body, and also had the valve hole on the left side of the stock minimag valve. Those valves are very rare. At the indoor national championships in 1995, the agd tech working on my gun said they are about 1/1000... But anywho, I put a retro valve on it, and a hyperframe and it shot like a dream. No Problems WhatSoEver !!!!

I am not quite sure why you have movement or a gap. It shouldn't matter whether the air intake is on the right or left side of the valve, other than routing the airline from the tank. If you have your field strip screw tight in the back and the trigger frame screw tight in the front, it should be no problem... If this is not the case, I think it definitely warrants a call to the AGD Home Office Tech Support...

Potatoboy
01-26-2002, 12:30 AM
I'll be the token guy that says this....

Rail Bushing