PDA

View Full Version : Help with Retro Valve

russc
10-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Youtube: Gibbed Automag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekR1Kr8LHmI)

I'd love some help - I've replaced a bunch of o-rings in the gun and it's still doing this. Is there any link to proper rebuild instructions for a Retro valve?

ManInBlack
10-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Might be bolt stick. Try it again, and when the pin gets stuck back like that press on the front of the bolt and see if that resets it. If it does then do a search for "bolt stick" and see how to fix it.

russc
10-15-2008, 07:33 AM
I tried that, it's definitely not bolt stick. When the pin gets stuck back, the bolt is seated back in resting position.

athomas
10-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Make sure your rail bushing is in place. Use a fresh bolt spring. Make sure your air supply pressure is high enough.

Watcher
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
If you haven't already, pull out the reg/valve pin. It'll look like 3 o-rings and a spring-pack.

Idk if this would be the problem but I know my 'Mag was all screwed up and leaked and didn't fire quite right and it turns out my reg/valve pin was falling apart.

Also check the reg-piston.

Did you put the on/off pin in upside-down? Again, idk if this would do anything but I'm throwing suggestions out there...

russc
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Reg looked okay. I think I misunderstood bolt stick, I thought it meant the bolt was stuck forward. I can click the bolt back by pushing it.

Bushing is there, air is now full, brand new bolt spring.

I added a larger spacer and now the gun is shooting in autoresponse! One shot on a pull, one on the release.

secretweaponevan
10-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Aye, that is bolt stick, but that is most likely a symptom of another problem and not the root cause of the ...gibbiness?

First, make sure your valve is put together properly according to the blow up from AGD.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/retroexploded1.pdf

Inspect each part to make sure none are fubar'd.

If everything looks kosher, do an isolated on/off test.

peartree
10-27-2008, 07:45 PM
what dp you mean by isolated on/off test??

secretweaponevan
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
what dp you mean by isolated on/off test??

I explained it on MCB where he posted also. It was kind of a " ;) I got your back on MCB" thing. :)

I would actually start with taking the bolt out, reassemble, then hold trigger, gas up and see if gas leaks out the barrel.

If it doesn't..
Then release the trigger and see gas if rushes out the barrel.

Then pull and hold the trigger and see if it stops again.

That is a way to isolate and test for a working on/off.

It is the best way I could think of to check the on/off assembly. Since this is a weird problem, I figured it would be good to start at square 1.