PDA

View Full Version : Got Minimag?

Konigballer
10-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Man, I have'nt been on here in FOREVER!

Well, I got back into paintball a couple years ago, strickly woodsball, and got a couple of Tippmann A5's. My first gun was a Tippmann Prolite so it felt right, and with the right upgrades, especially a magnetic double trigger, Iv'e never felt outgunned against most electros in the woods. However, my first unobtainable love was always Mags, especially Minimags, since I used to see em in APG back in the early 90's as a kid. I also got spanked by one my first time playin' in 96' so I gotta love that!

Well, I see now that classic mags are fairly cheap nowadays and I'm saving up for getting one, but I remember little from my days of prowling this forum. Can anyone tell me how much Minimags generally go for nowadays? I want to keep the trigger stock and just drop in a Xvalve and level10, but did they come out with anything else real groundbreaking for classic mags in the past two years? I guess I can assume that no online store has Minimags just collecting dust in their wharehouse still do they?

Thanks for any help you can give, I have alot of studying up to do on classic mags again! Hopefully I'll be rockin' a Minimag at my local field within the next few months! :shooting:

cyberave68
10-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Welcome back to the family. You can find Minimags on the B/S/T section here and there, and ebay has one for sale here and there also. As for price that depends on who is selling it and what parts it has on it. I've seen them go for 80-175 for a complete gun.

Good luck on the search....
Cy

Konigballer
10-16-2008, 08:04 AM
cool, thanks!

I was gonna' save up for a mid-range electro like a proto rail or invert mini, but then I thought 'nah'! I never shoot that much paint so whats the point, I'd rather go oldschool.
I just want to show up on the field with a bone simple minimag and just smote people off the face of the earth! I can do it with my A5's so it shouldn't be much different with a mag. Only the local field owner and some of the 'old timers' would even know what it was since the average player there is around 17...

can't wait!

tech-chan
10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I can do it with my A5's so it shouldn't be much different with a mag. Only the local field owner and some of the 'old timers' would even know what it was since the average player there is around 17...

can't wait!

Hehe, I played with a mag since I was 15. I'm 18 now.

Spider-TW
10-16-2008, 10:10 AM
I guess I can assume that no online store has Minimags just collecting dust in their wharehouse still do they?
You never know. Every now and then someone will come up with something like a brand new e-mag that has been sitting on a wall in a shop for years. But they are collecting dust because they are forgotten in the first place.

If you buy used, make sure you know how much of a 'mini-mag' you really want. Like:

"MiniMag" valve with four stars.
"MiniMag" powerfeed body.
Vertical ASA
Intact trigger guard
am/mm rail

If you haven't read the stickies, make sure you understand that the x-valve is HPA only.

One day I woke up and I wanted a CO2 mag to play with. I had to piece one together since I had pneu'd or x-valved my other mags. :argh:

FiXeL
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Heh, i've setup my minimag exclusively for COČ. Something to whip out of the bag when HPA is not available. Even tho a classic valve can have some issues with liquid COČ, it shoots and scores at +/- 3 FPS. No Tippmann will ever beat that on COČ. And yes, i do own a X7 that i frequently use. Not because of it's accuracy, but as a beater gun that works on both COČ and HPA.

Konigballer
10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
yeah, I remember the X-valve is HPA only. I only run HPA on my A5's so that works out. I just hope if I find a nice classic valve mini, and have to buy the x-valve seperate to uprgrade, that the x-valve is not ridiculously expensive like it was about 3-4 years ago. That thing was like $350 for the x-vavle alone way back when, yikes!

michbich
10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
yeah, I remember the X-valve is HPA only. I only run HPA on my A5's so that works out. I just hope if I find a nice classic valve mini, and have to buy the x-valve seperate to uprgrade, that the x-valve is not ridiculously expensive like it was about 3-4 years ago. That thing was like $350 for the x-vavle alone way back when, yikes!
Basic black xvalves with lvlx and ULT run 180-200 shipped now a days. Unless you decide to go crazy with coloured valves wich will run you 300-320 shipped.

Konigballer
10-16-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah, I looked on AGD's store and saw that brand new the x-valves go for $250.. thats a new Ion. Guess you pay for quality! Hopefully I'll nab one used or get a used RT valve, makes no real difference to me, I've waited this long I can wait some more I guess!

michbich
10-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, sorry. The prices that i posted were for used ones.

BigTrucker
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
You can get an X-Valved Minimag from AGD. Just click on the RT and select the minimag body. I'm not sure if you will get a grey or black body. On the selection you can only pick a black one but when you look up minimag main bodies you can only get a grey one. So who knows whats left in stock.