PDA

View Full Version : ..Special Ops Longbow...

malJohann
10-17-2008, 07:54 AM
I bought a 2nd-hand Special Ops Longbow just to get the thoroughbred (in terms of non-AGD markers) Tac-One underneath all that extra metal Special Ops added on. Here in South-Africa an AGD marker is a rare commodity, so I need some advice.

Now, it's had less than six games its entire life (with the Longbow mags), so I'm guessing that not a lot of paintballs has taken flight through that barrel. Which also naturally means the valve and bolt has not yet been broken in (from what I've read on this forum).

I do have a couple of questions though, since it didn't come with a standard feedneck (only the Special Ops Longbow adapter), which would be the best one to get, or should I skip that entirely and just get a Warp body?

Also, it didn't come with any spares (and I appreciate that it'll likely not need any soon), so what kit should I get for it? On top of that I want to either Pneumag or ULT it after the valve is broken in since this’ll be my Speedball as well as Woodsball marker, but which reg/tank combo should I use?

I'm not one for stocks really, but I would prefer the bottle to sit as far back on the marker as possible (preferably not dropped), so which ASA should I use? Any additional pointers or good setups would be appreciated.

secretweaponevan
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
I bought a 2nd-hand Special Ops Longbow just to get the thoroughbred (in terms of non-AGD markers) Tac-One underneath all that extra metal Special Ops added on. Here in South-Africa an AGD marker is a rare commodity, so I need some advice.

Now, it's had less than six games its entire life (with the Longbow mags), so I'm guessing that not a lot of paintballs has taken flight through that barrel. Which also naturally means the valve and bolt has not yet been broken in (from what I've read on this forum).

I do have a couple of questions though, since it didn't come with a standard feedneck (only the Special Ops Longbow adapter), which would be the best one to get, or should I skip that entirely and just get a Warp body?

Also, it didn't come with any spares (and I appreciate that it'll likely not need any soon), so what kit should I get for it? On top of that I want to either Pneumag or ULT it after the valve is broken in since this’ll be my Speedball as well as Woodsball marker, but which reg/tank combo should I use?

I'm not one for stocks really, but I would prefer the bottle to sit as far back on the marker as possible (preferably not dropped), so which ASA should I use? Any additional pointers or good setups would be appreciated.

You'll want a tank that puts out at least 850 psi reliably. I've had good experience with Crossfire tanks.

You will want to pick up an o-ring kit from http://www.airgundesignsusa.com

Everything else will be your preference.

I cannot advise strongly enough getting to know your marker, reading the stickies, and watching the troubleshooting videos on youtube before you get it pneu'd or you might find yourself completely lost.

Congratulations and good luck!

trevorjk
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
as for ASA get a CP Direct Mount, easy to use, look good, and they bleed when your done :)

pic of cp direct mount.
http://cdn-www.pbreview.com/pics/1134027765.jpg

as for tanks, like Secret said, just get a good 850psi output tank. a crossfire should work great for the marker. anything else and you will want an adjustable tank that puts out upwards 1k psi or more. and that is only if you want to bounce the trigger to insane rates of fire.

as for ULT or Pnuematics. i would suggest going with the ULT first. but one thing to note, the Pnuemag and ULT are VASTLY different. ULT has a very light trigger pull, however, more then likely not walkable when set up right. but you can shim a ULT to get the trigger very bouncy.

where as the Pnuemag gives the trigger a feel of an old style spyder electronic trigger frame. but with a much shorter pull length.

if you want to run a hopper on top of the gun, you will need a feedneck. i suggest CCM as they make great clamping and locking feednecks. however there are many many many different companies that make feednecks. just get one that is Angel threaded and is a clamping or locking feedneck, and get one with a clamping mechanism like 1 of the 2 below

example of feednecks so you know what im talking about :)

this is the bike style clamp
http://www.allpaintballsupplies.com/images/redzcamlock.jpg

this is one where a bolt just threads into a nut on the other side of the clamp
http://cdn-www.pbreview.com/pics/1129537241.jpg

Sumthinwicked
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
pmed you